Forbidden West NG+ and DLC

Kerphus

Im currently working on the HFW PS4 platinum trophy and have a question about the save uploads if anyone can help. Instead of doing PS4 Platinum & NG+ then transferring the save for the PS5 Platinum & NG+ trophies is it possible for me to upload a PS4 Platinum save (no NG+ trophies) and then complete the Burning Shores DLC on PS5. Then go back to PS4 and do NG+ and then upload that PS4 NG+ save to the PS5 version to pop the NG+ trophies on PS5 aswell or are you only able to upload one save or anything similar that would stop this?

Thanks

7 hours ago, Kerphus said:

[..]Then go back to PS4 and do NG+ and then upload that PS4 NG+ save to the PS5 version [..]

There is no import option for saves from PS5 to PS4 for Horizon Forbidden West.

Since you are playing the PS4 version..

7 hours ago, Kerphus said:

Im currently working on the HFW PS4 platinum trophy[..]

.. you should have been able to see this yourself, that such option does not exist in the main menu of the game and so on.

Imo it would be good, if you complete the PS4 version trophy set first (NG+ DLC included), but keep in mind the Autopop Warning from the NG+ DLC trophy guide:

The trophies for this DLC are very finicky when it comes to auto popping from PS4 to PS5. Simply downloading your PS4 save to your PS5 version won't necessarily pop your earned DLC trophies.

If you wish to auto-pop the trophies, follow these steps:
1. After finishing the main story on New Game+ Ultra Hard, immediately make a manual save at the campfire outside of the base.

2. Quit the game, load up the PS5 version, and import this manual save from the PS4 version. This should auto-pop Bronze Completed New Game+ and Bronze Completed Ultra Hard.

3. Go back to the PS4 version and continue playing, working on obtaining enough champion's tokens to purchase all the New Game+ items. Only purchase 16 of the 17 items, then make sure you have enough tokens for the 17th item.

4. Make another manual save at any campfire.

5. Purchase your last New Game+ item for Bronze Obtained All New Game+ Rewards.

6. Quit the game and load up the PS5 version. Import this new manual save and buy the 17th item to get the last trophy.

Here somebody else made a video about getting all NG+ DLC medals in 9 hours. Could also help you.

But keep in mind that playing and finishing the game in UH difficulty in NG and NG+ keeps the game locked in UH difficulty. This should be true for imported saves from PS4 to PS5 also. 

Edited by Geridian
Text

1 hour ago, Geridian said:

There is no import option for saves from PS5 to PS4 for Horizon Forbidden West.

But keep in mind that playing and finishing the game in UH difficulty in NG and NG+ keeps the game locked in UH difficulty. This should be true for important saves from PS4 to PS5 also. 

Sorry if I have been unclear, what I meant was that initially I would platinum the PS4 version and create SAVE A, then complete the NG+ as well and create SAVE B (just before buying the last item) then PS4 will be 100%.

Load up PS5 on SAVE A, this will unlock platinum and start Burning Shores DLC as to avoid the UH lock, then once complete load up SAVE B, and this should also unlock the NG+ trophies for PS5,, if I am able to do that? This should allow me to get 100% on both versions without having to do an extra NG+ run or do the DLC on UH, I hope.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Kerphus said:

Sorry if I have been unclear, what I meant was that initially I would platinum the PS4 version and create SAVE A, then complete the NG+ as well and create SAVE B (just before buying the last item) then PS4 will be 100%.

Load up PS5 on SAVE A, this will unlock platinum and start Burning Shores DLC as to avoid the UH lock, then once complete load up SAVE B, and this should also unlock the NG+ trophies for PS5,, if I am able to do that? This should allow me to get 100% on both versions without having to do an extra NG+ run or do the DLC on UH, I hope.

Thanks

Tbh what you like to do, seems to be the same like this user wanted to do: 

Perhaps ask this user? ?

Edited by Geridian
Text

2 hours ago, Geridian said:

Tbh what you like to do, seems to be the same like this user wanted to do: 

Perhaps ask this user? 1f600.png

yeah pretty much similar haha, but sounds like it should work then, ill give it ago if it goes wrong worst scenario would just be an extra NG+ run anyway

• Like 1