Terrible Sequel

TurtlePM

The game iis currently on sale, I saw a lot of people complaining about the difficulty of the game but still, I wanted to give it a try. I love 3 match games since Bejeweled 2 and Zuma... I started Sparkle 2 and I really enjoy the game. It's addictive ? I may even say I like it even more than Zuma...

But this game isn't Zuma anymore. Everything I loved about Sparkle 2 is gone here. First, it's more Luxor (for those who remember it), so you play horizontally only - something that if I knew, I didn't even bother buying it. Never saw anyone mentioning (and I can't recall noticing it - though obvious; from the videos I watched) and for those interested on this game, keep this in mind.

They removed the aim assist from the previous one (if you hold the shoot bottom, you could see an arrow point towards the balls for better accuracy). Since you play in a line, you can only shoot up... sometimes, due to level layout, some balls will block your colors, so you have to way until they are on your sight again. Not only that, but it's harder to throw balls away, you have to either find a small free space to get rid of them or fill the chain with new colors.

And most annoying are the new specials balls they added... wtf is that? One of them is the chains: you have to match 3 balls of the same color to unchain 1 of those from the same color then hit again twice to remove the same annoying ball left. While Sparkle 2 was fun and addictive, you make constant combos for hitting multiple colors, this one is repetitive most of the time. Not only gameplay wise (not 360° like S2) but these 2 special balls make this even more frustrating... now I understand why this game is a nightmare on higher difficulties, at least compared to the previous one. What a disappointment ?