The Gunk Yard

Haggisdodger

Hi

Has anyone on here done the Radysus challenge for this?

It’s literally my last challenge in the game. 

Been trying for hours(late tricks are the worst)

Would anyone be willing to gameshare and get it done for me? All I have is this and 1000 perfect landings.

Cheers

I cannot land the perfect landing at the end for the life of me. I find the late tricks and spins very easy but I've probably got to the finish 500+ times without a single perfect landing. If anyone has any tips for how to make it easier, it would be much appreciated. Edit: Got it. I finally just lucked out on the timing. For anyone else struggling, just hold R2 at all times for the spins and try to do the late tricks at the peak of your jump. Practice the tutorial lots until you feel more comfortable with the mechanic. 

Edited by FryingPan13
  • Like 1

Took 6 hours yesterday then I gave up and caved in to play Dead Island 2. Was putting off playing until I finished this. Got up today and gave it an hour. Done it in 20 minutes. Ah the power of a good nights rest.

I used R2 and O as the same button. So I was spinning as well as pulling off lates. 

First jump late to perfect manual onto wall off late to perfect manual jump off late to X button perfect landing. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 5:42 AM, Haggisdodger said:

Took 6 hours yesterday then I gave up and caved in to play Dead Island 2. Was putting off playing until I finished this. Got up today and gave it an hour. Done it in 20 minutes. Ah the power of a good nights rest.

I used R2 and O as the same button. So I was spinning as well as pulling off lates. 

First jump late to perfect manual onto wall off late to perfect manual jump off late to X button perfect landing. 

I've genuinely accomplished several challenges within 10 tries after having a sleep, but I nearly went insane with this one. By far the hardest in the game so far, and I've completed all of Sunshine Valley and most of Sketchside, which are supposedly the most difficult worlds. Congrats on getting it done though!! 

Cheers buddy, appreciated.

Yeah I was pretty much the same

in regards to completing levels. Overall most of the game is pretty easy with the exception of The Gunk Yard. I’m tempted to play through on PS4 if the trophies are separate. Just got a massive back log of games to get through first.

• 7 months later...

This was probably the challenge that took me the longest. Not more than 45 minutes, but still, since each run takes a few seconds, it felt like a lot. 

I found a good method and uploaded a video of my run that might be helpful. 

Step #0: Maintain R2 pressed at all times.

Step #1: Perform the 1st late trick before the 1st ramp (I haven't seen anyone do this in any video and it's really helpful).

Step #2: Perform the 2nd late trick when you jump from the 1st ramp.

Step #3: Enter the wallride and leave it without performing any late tricks; the leaving part is very important because doing a late trick here might prevent you from popping the "Mike Challenge". I've done the "Radysus Challenge" without popping the Mike one and it didn't work, so make sure you do this.

Step #4: Perform the 3rd late trick in the next jump.

Step #5: The infamous Perfect Landing...make sure you've done the 3 late tricks before going for this step. Doing a late trick with a perfect landing is insanely difficult to perform, so don't even try doing that. Also, doing a perfect landing, while spining, in such a small jump, feels near impossible as well. So what's the strategy? Well, do you know when you want to hit a firecracker down the stairs and you have to let go of the R2 button before doing the input? That's basically what you have to do here. As long as you start the jump spinning, the game will count that jump as a spinning one, but if you let go of the R2 button while you are in the air before landing, your body will go onto a natural position and that will make the "Perfect landing" way easier. 

Hope it helps!

Edited by zemiguelreis
  • Like 1