CEO Trophy: End Game Challenge Grinding Tips

baboon_overlord

Hi Everyone. I got CEO done this week and had a bit of grinding to do at the end. I played the game solo a lot with a focus on trophies, so some of these might not apply to you, but these were the ones I had left (I think everyone will likely need Electric Armors and Mercs though). To speed up the grind, I came up with a few quick strategies. Most are solo but one is much better with a partner.

EuroCorp/ECM Kills: Solo 

I was missing quite a lot of these. Set up a private game on Normal, New England. Make sure you have the Sniper Rifle equipped, along with C2C Pulse and your choice of secondary application (you can go for Reboot just in case but it is unlikely you will need it). 

Set the Sniper to secondary fire mode. Kill the first two guys you encounter, then climb the ladder nearest the dropship. Go to town by spamming L1 and firing (this abuses the auto-aim, so make sure that is switched on to save time). You'll probably get a rampage bonus or two. You might run out of Sniper ammo but the APP pistol or an enemy weapon drop will be fine before you get to the ammo crate.

Run round the corner and kill the guy on the roof who spawns most of the time and finish any other enemies off. Keep your Sniper and grab a TAR if you don't have one already, grab some ammo and deactivate the turret.

In the next section, there is a metal barrier immediately to your right (on the same platform you are standing on, don't jump down). Take cover behind this and repeat the spamming L1 and firing technique. You can move forward slightly toward the opened ventilation system to spawn more enemies. If you start taking a lot of damage, move to the right into the corner whilst in cover using the metal barrier, nothing can hit you there. Once one or two enemies are left, pop the C2C and run for the objective. Kill any enemies with the TAR. Deactivate the turret and kill the enemies that come through the door with a couple of grenades. There will probably be an enemy or two on the roof above the door that just opened. Kill those as well. Breach the next door to activate the checkpoint and then quit.

You will get about 45-50 EuroCorp kills per run. It's far quicker to run this a few times than clearing out the next room, which gives you about 50 kills. This is also a great way to work on Nowhere to Hide if you don't have that yet. Just kill the enemies in both sections with DART through cover.

You are guaranteed two ECM kills per run doing this.

Aspari/Electron Mace Kills: Two People

The problem with Aspari missions is that you have to fight police first on China and Scandinavia. So run Denver on Normal in a private match. Just have your partner heal you and let you bag most of/all the kills. Don't deliver the last tissue sample case into the dropship, hang about and mop up every last enemy. Even doing this I don't think you get 100 Aspari kills per run, but you should also get at least 10 Electron Mace kills: just let your coop partner run around getting caught in them so you can free them and guarantee the kills.

Electric Armors: Solo

I was dreading this one, most of the guides said second-last checkpoint of Argentina on Hard for two of them. Fortunately, I watched one of @MATTKBANs YouTube videos where he said there were three Electric Armors on Hard on the first two checkpoints of New England.

So, private match, Sniper Rifle, C2C, Reboot (highly unlikely you will need it but just in case), New England on Hard.

As for EuroCorp kills above, set the Sniper to secondary when you land. Spam L1 and fire to take care of the first two enemies, then run like heck to the big metal pipe next to the wall towards the turret. You'll take quite a bit of damage from guys shooting you with TARs from above, but it is highly unlikely to kill you. You can run under the pipe and there will be another ladder.

Switch to your pistol and prepare your C2C, Climb the ladder and immediately pop the C2C. Run in the booth, grab a TAR to replace your pistol, grab ammo. Two enemies will very likely run in. Gun them down with the TAR. There will probably be two more enemies outside, or rarely, a Sergeant on the roof to the right of the booth as you look at the turret. You can either kill the enemies with the Sniper through cover or kill them later.

Breach the turret override and run out of the booth. Run towards the (backwards) "R" in the giant EuroCorp sign and jump off the edge. Now run towards the first ladder closest to the dropship.

Doing this makes the Electric not follow you. He will stay behind some crates. Position yourself behind some crates close to him and disable his armor, then go HAM with the Sniper in DART mode. Sometimes, shooting him through cover won't work if you are facing a crate head-on, but if you shoot from the side of the crate slightly, it will work.

Only once did the Electric start following me using this method. If this happens, just drop off the edge again and climb a ladder. He should stay in place after that in cover.

Sprint to the ventilation system, breach it and quit.

I typed a lot but I timed this. From the moment you get off the dropship to checkpoint quitting is less than three minutes per run once you have it down. There are two more Electrics in the next section, but you would have to kill a lot of enemies just to spawn them, and then fight two solo. I tried that and it was far more efficient time-wise to just quit and go again. The game registers six kills when you get to the checkpoint most of the time (six regular enemies, I guess the Electric doesn't count as a kill in the in-match stats for some reason). If you climb the first ladder, you will have to kill considerably more regular enemies and Sergeants. This method makes the least amount of enemies spawn, so it is very fast.

Just a note: I did a few runs with a partner going for all three Electric kills. Even if my partner didn't so much as shoot the first Electric once, he got credit for the kill anyway! I think he was host when that happened. A weird and annoying glitch.

Mercs: Solo   

Private match, Expert, Western Europe. Again, I would recommend the Sniper. Pistol doesn't matter. C2C and Reboot.

Start the game. When you first come out of the dropship/crate thing you are in no danger as long as you don't move. Switch the Sniper to alt-fire and pop a C2C, you will very likely need it! Run up to the stairs to the right and take out the three enemies (watch out for rockets). Head back to the starting position and take out any enemies that spawn (the turret will help you with these).

Now just keep killing enemies until there's a bit of a lull. There is no guaranteed way to make the merc dropship spawn in but after several failed runs due to them not appearing, I seemed to have some luck by dropping a C2C, running up to the turret on the APC (completely avoiding the gate you can breach open to the left) and disabling it, then running back to the starting area.

When the mercs do spawn, just try and bait them into coming closer to you so you can snipe them from afar. They won't all come as a group and are easy to kill before they even have a chance to use their heavy weapons. As long as you don't get close to it, the Reactive will never come looking for you, so when you have all the merc kills, pop a C2C if you have one, open the gate and run inside. After all that effort, I don't think fighting the Reactive is worth it (and presumably that would count as a Reactive kill, not a merc kill anyway). Breach for the checkpoint by opening the door and quit.

Riot Lance Kills: Solo

You should be able to run China solo on Normal in a private match. C2C and Reboot, use any guns you want.

When you actually start fighting Aspari (not cops) in the tunnels, I found the secondary fire on the Riot Lance was great as it could wipe out several enemies in one shot.

The biggest problem with doing this solo is if you get stun-locked by one Riot Lance and then another appears from the side or behind you. You will probably get the first one but the second one will be too much and will down you. It's very doable overall but can be annoying at times. 

===========

Hope this helps. If anyone has any other tips or anyone has any questions, please add them here.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1