Maggot Boy Glitched

antoniosboz

I was playing on PS5, my run on The Rapture Light World was 20, 15-19, 1-5, 8-14, 6-7.

The trophy didn't pop I reviewed the footage and I last died on the 20 level so it makes no sense.

I also managed to complete some levels twice but I died trying to get them all a second time.

I have made tutorials for all no death runs but the zombie boy one is not that great because at the time I hadn't played rapture dark in a while (the strats work tho). 

Zombie boy is where the difficulty increases a lot. Imo it's more difficult than impossible boy. 

Good luck ?

Edited by YosemiteSam74
  • Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 5:57 AM, antoniosboz said:

Yes, that's true I managed to get it today.

Imagine if that happened in impossible boy..

Any tips for zombie boy? the difficulty really scales up in comparison to demon boy.

Always save 5-1x for last it has a very easy way to clear the level, I started at 5-15x to 5-20x those are the tough levels in my opinion then get rid of 5-8x I hate that level. Then I went to 5-2x all the way to 5-14x. Then use the strat for an easy and safe clear on 5-1x and the trophy is yours! I still think demon boy is harder than zombie boy since zombie boy doesn't really have a lot of tough levels while demon boy had a ton of tough levels.

Here's a video of the 5-1x strat if you're curious how to do it. It took me a while to get this strat working, but once you understand how to do it 5-1x is very easy.

Edited by KImura Xiaoyu
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 9:07 AM, KImura Xiaoyu said:

Always save 5-1x for last it has a very easy way to clear the level, I started at 5-15x to 5-20x those are the tough levels in my opinion then get rid of 5-8x I hate that level. Then I went to 5-2x all the way to 5-14x. Then use the strat for an easy and safe clear on 5-1x and the trophy is yours! I still think demon boy is harder than zombie boy since zombie boy doesn't really have a lot of tough levels while demon boy had a ton of tough levels.

Here's a video of the 5-1x strat if you're curious how to do it. It took me a while to get this strat working, but once you understand how to do it 5-1x is very easy

So I managed Zombie Boy a week ago and I think it took me 3 days of many hours per session.

This was my run: 20 15-19 8-9 2 4-7 1 3 10-14

I usually played the last 5 levels first since they gave me the most trouble but honestly levels 8,9 and 2 were my run killers. 

It gets to a point where you can mess up in any level when you've completed the most of the difficult ones.

For level 5-1x I used Pink Knight most people use the Kid like the video you sent but I found the Pink Knight exploit easier since I also used it in 5-13x.

Demon Boy gave me trouble but in comparison to Zombie Boy it's not even close.

As for Girl Boy which I managed to get today after 3-4 days of again many hours per session, I would say it's close with Zombie maybe even harder.

This was my run: 10-20, 6-7, 1-5, 16-18

Here everything screwed me up. 

In my 1st day I had 2 19/20 runs which where both a 1-19 level run and I died both times on the end of the 20th level.

I know I left the hardest for last but that level was so long I couldn't bother keep playing it in the beggining.

I was devastated after that I got so bad I couldn't even do a 10/20 run.

In Zombie Boy I was somewhat consistent but here there was no chance I had to rely heavily in luck and let's not talk about the miss inputs.

That was my rant for SMB, I'm going for the last one so any tips are appreciated. Hope I get this plat and finally rest.