• 2 months later...
On 08/05/2023 at 7:43 PM, danteff7 said:

As the title says, for anyone who has platinumed the game -

Any tips?

How long did it take?

Difficulty?

Missables?

Thanks in advance.

It's been a couple of years since I played it, so it's a little difficult for me to remember the details!

It took me roughly 40 hours to platinum, I think, but it can probably be done in 30 hours or less. It was very buggy when it was first released, so a couple of my playthroughs ended up glitched. I also had to wait for various patches to come out before the platinum was obtainable. It's not a particularly long platinum though, and it doesn't really get too boring or repetitive. 

There aren't 'missables' per se. When I got the platinum, I don't think you could keep performing at locations after you'd received three stars there. This meant it could be difficult to Max out some of the late-game characters like Mountebank. However, I think they patched it in later versions so that you could keep performing at locations to max your characters out (might be worth checking with someone who has played it more recently though). 

When I played, I would say it was a difficulty of about 4-5 out of 10. If they've patched it to allow maxing of the characters, I'd say it's a 3. There are no difficulty-related trophies. 

All that said, I'm playing Circus Electronique at the moment (I got it free on PS Plus Premium) and it's basically exactly the same game, but with better graphics and balance. It's so similar, it's like they stole the idea ha. So I'd probably play that instead, particularly if you can get it free. 

Amazing American Circus is still a decent amount of fun though. And it's a deck-builder. Whereas Circus Electronique is a bit more like Darkest Dungeon, where the characters have pre-selected skills. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finch_III said:

It's been a couple of years since I played it, so it's a little difficult for me to remember the details!

It took me roughly 40 hours to platinum, I think, but it can probably be done in 30 hours or less. It was very buggy when it was first released, so a couple of my playthroughs ended up glitched. I also had to wait for various patches to come out before the platinum was obtainable. It's not a particularly long platinum though, and it doesn't really get too boring or repetitive. 

There aren't 'missables' per se. When I got the platinum, I don't think you could keep performing at locations after you'd received three stars there. This meant it could be difficult to Max out some of the late-game characters like Mountebank. However, I think they patched it in later versions so that you could keep performing at locations to max your characters out (might be worth checking with someone who has played it more recently though). 

When I played, I would say it was a difficulty of about 4-5 out of 10. If they've patched it to allow maxing of the characters, I'd say it's a 3. There are no difficulty-related trophies. 

All that said, I'm playing Circus Electronique at the moment (I got it free on PS Plus Premium) and it's basically exactly the same game, but with better graphics and balance. It's so similar, it's like they stole the idea ha. So I'd probably play that instead, particularly if you can get it free. 

Amazing American Circus is still a decent amount of fun though. And it's a deck-builder. Whereas Circus Electronique is a bit more like Darkest Dungeon, where the characters have pre-selected skills. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It sounds like you had a tough time with glitches. I'm glad to hear that there have been a few patches. I want to play this as I love the idea, so I will just give it a go. Might even write a guide if I have the energy! Thank you again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danteff7 said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It sounds like you had a tough time with glitches. I'm glad to hear that there have been a few patches. I want to play this as I love the idea, so I will just give it a go. Might even write a guide if I have the energy! Thank you again.

No problem! I would have answered earlier if I'd seen the thread (I contributed to some other threads here when the glitches were preventing people from getting the platinum). 

It's an enjoyable game, with an interesting animation style. As I say, if you end up enjoying it, try Circus Electronique if you've not played that. The gameplay is almost identical really, but CE clearly had a slightly bigger budget! 

• Like 1