Help please

smoker-_m

I struggled with this trophy too. Make sure you have the Gloomharrow Figurehead, you need the yellow gem to craft it, equipped on your boat. I managed to get it at the end of chapter 5 by boosting towards the big circular waves the boss makes. The trophy popped really late though, about 6 minutes delayed. 

I’ve read other people getting it by gaining speed with the wind behind them and just boosting as they approach waves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyaya said:

I struggled with this trophy too. Make sure you have the Gloomharrow Figurehead, you need the yellow gem to craft it, equipped on your boat. I managed to get it at the end of chapter 5 by boosting towards the big circular waves the boss makes. The trophy popped really late though, about 6 minutes delayed. 

I’ve read other people getting it by gaining speed with the wind behind them and just boosting as they approach waves. 

Yes I already have a Gloomharrow Figurehead on my boat
But I did not understand the trophy work

I will try again, I hope the trophy appears

On 2023-05-12 at 7:57 AM, smoker-_m said:

Yes I already have a Gloomharrow Figurehead on my boat
But I did not understand the trophy work

I will try again, I hope the trophy appears

I tried to check your profile but I can’t see your trophies. If you still need help, Sharkyaya outlined the perfect strategy above.

Here’s what to do:

1.  Build a fast boat (bamboo or wood). Build at least 2 matching sails on your deck. And most importantly, craft a Gloomharrow Figurehead to add to your mast. All these things are crucial to maximize speed.

2. Make a manual save after defeating the Ch. 5 boss, BEFORE you enter the portal to The Crossing.

3. Go inside and then follow the giant squid creature, staying close to him. He will constantly make huge waves and then dive away.

4. Sail directly at the big waves and hold down R2 for a big speed boost from the Gloomharrow Figurehead.

5. Pop trophy! Yay. ?

6. You will have several attempts to try this so don’t be discouraged if you don’t get it first try.

7. If you fail to pop the trophy by the end of The Crossing, exit to the main menu and load the game again. You will be back outside the portal and can try again.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

On 18‏/5‏/2023 at 0:34 PM, dieselmanchild said:

I tried to check your profile but I can’t see your trophies. If you still need help, Sharkyaya outlined the perfect strategy above.

Here’s what to do:

1.  Build a fast boat (bamboo or wood). Build at least 2 matching sails on your deck. And most importantly, craft a Gloomharrow Figurehead to add to your mast. All these things are crucial to maximize speed.

2. Make a manual save after defeating the Ch. 5 boss, BEFORE you enter the portal to The Crossing.

3. Go inside and then follow the giant squid creature, staying close to him. He will constantly make huge waves and then dive away.

4. Sail directly at the big waves and hold down R2 for a big speed boost from the Gloomharrow Figurehead.

5. Pop trophy! Yay. ?

6. You will have several attempts to try this so don’t be discouraged if you don’t get it first try.

7. If you fail to pop the trophy by the end of The Crossing, exit to the main menu and load the game again. You will be back outside the portal and can try again.

Thank you, I got the trophy and platinum?

• Like 1