Arcade Glitch Workaround for High Score trophies

KyonKuchiki

Hello everyone. There's currently a nasty arcade glitch in the PSVR2 version of the game where your main gun will randomly stop tracking correctly when you're going through the field that has a lot of electric generators. It's as if an invisible wall appears in front of you. What worked for me (other than the good luck of not having to go through this field) is to pause your game for a few seconds. I'd also try to initiate a recalibration by holding the start button. After you unpause and start shooting again, your shots should start connecting, but this only works for a little bit. Eventually the wall comes back, and you just have to pause and let it rest for a few moments and recalibrate. @nixus24 and I have reported it to the developers, so hopefully there will be a patch that will address this bug.

Edited by KyonKuchiki
  • Like 3

I didn’t even have luck with the pausing. It just seems like the stage is a repeating chunk of scenery and a certain part of that scenery has that issue. 

I’m definitely leaving that last trophy until they get this fixed. It’s just so frustrating to die because of this. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The issues is still not fixed. Pausing the game and restarting doesn't do anything. I assume the people who got to 75k points just played over and over, hoping for good rng?

Super annoying. It's already harder than on PS4 to keep dps up with how the sense controllers work, but with every electricity map killing the run and the need for main gun damage early, this is no fun at all. I got the needed score on try 2 or 3 on PS4, but on PS5 I just can't get there even after like 10 tries.

Can't wait for good PSVR2 games with no bugs coming to the system. Must be any day now, right?

4 hours ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Super annoying. It's already harder than on PS4 to keep dps up with how the sense controllers work, but with every electricity map killing the run and the need for main gun damage early, this is no fun at all. I got the needed score on try 2 or 3 on PS4, but on PS5 I just can't get there even after like 10 tries.

One thing that helped me with that issue was on the accessibility options for the controllers, swap R2 and the X button. Less fatigue and a lot easier to keep stable.

Also yes, RNG/Luck, on my successful run I only got one electric generator map, and it was just before the mid point so the boss wasn't super spongey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

One thing that helped me with that issue was on the accessibility options for the controllers, swap R2 and the X button. Less fatigue and a lot easier to keep stable.

Also yes, RNG/Luck, on my successful run I only got one electric generator map, and it was just before the mid point so the boss wasn't super spongey.

That's such a good idea, I'm an idiot for not thinking about that. That should make it at least 143 times easier, ugh. Thanks a lot!! Gonna try that as soon as I figured out why my progress isn't saved in Walkabout Minigolf.

I swear, broken PSVR2 games and trophy lists are the new norm, rather than an exception.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

I literally got it first try after switching the mapping to fire on X. Thank you so much. I got lucky and only had the electricity map once, early, and also early main weapon damage maxed. I went over 100k points and stopped trying after that. You have 10 times the dps when using X over R2, it's hilarious.

Whoever designed this games firing mechanics needs to get fired.

• Like 1