YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!! - Easy Retries

OhhhSnowyy

Gonna leave this here incase anybody attempts this trophy or game in the future and wants to save themselves a bit of time running back from the beacon.

So once you progress through the tutorial level from the beacon towards Varg, once you enter the arena you want to close the game instantly, if you boot it back up you will see you spawn just outside of the boss fight, or in my case inside the boss arena. Then you want to back up your local save to the Cloud (PS+ required) and make sure Auto-Sync is disabled for the game to allow you to redownload your save. 

Now if you fail you can simply redownload this save and spawn either just outside or inside the boss arena depending on the boundary you reached before closing the game the first time. If you spawn inside the boss arena the trick to starting the fight is simply to just walk back towards the way you entered then back towards Varg and BOOM, the fight begins.

Hope this may help anyone who wants faster retries on this boss as can become quite tedious running from the beacon each time!

Happy trophy hunting?

Edited by OhhhSnowyy
Grammar
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello

I would recommand to just hit Option button whenever you get hit and quit before the kill animation starts. Then  press continue.It is  much faster.It takes less than 5-6 seconds and you spawn right outside the boss battle..

When you fight the boss i think it is much better to be right in his face rather than run around and wait for him to jump to punish him after he lands. He might look intimidating at first but when you learn his patterns you pretty much have him constantly with green bar :) 

Just learn his combo patterns. They are pretty easy to learn. 

What you want to watch for the most is his launching attack when he extends his sword forward. That one hits like a truck. That is why you want to be close to him and just dash to side. Much safer than try to avoid it when you are further away from him  

I think you should consider to heal only if you are almost at the end of the battle and you unfortunately got hit. But as i said it is better to just attempt to no hit run this boss because if  you try to heal you risk  to get killed and loose your spawn point and you will have to repeat the tutorial from start.

That is why you should immediately quit to menue when you get hit.

I hope this will contribute and help  to anyone who is having trouble finishing this trophy.

Cheers