PS5 UPDATE NOT AVAILABLE

I bought the PS4 version of this game a while ago but never got around to playing and since then I bought myself a PS5. When I installed the PS4 version I saw that a free PS5 Update was available and decided to download that version instead. The problem is that when I download the PS5 version it only downloads a trial and not the full game. Is there any way I can fix that?

I just realized this probably should be on the forum of the PS5 version but I didn't know there were different forums.

Have you claimed the free upgrade? If so, it should be in your library on the website and on the PS5 console. I think you need to install it from there and not the store as the store link may be picking up the trial.

You could call Sony and ask them to revoke the trial from your account, then see if that works?

First though, I'd check the 'view versions' when you click the dots under the tile on the home screen and see if there's another version, check the library, and make sure you've definitely activated the free upgrade. 

36 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Have you claimed the free upgrade? If so, it should be in your library on the website and on the PS5 console. I think you need to install it from there and not the store as the store link may be picking up the trial.

You could call Sony and ask them to revoke the trial from your account, then see if that works?

First though, I'd check the 'view versions' when you click the dots under the tile on the home screen and see if there's another version, check the library, and make sure you've definitely activated the free upgrade. 

I've checked the "view versions" and it shows that I own the PS5 version, but it only downloads the trial version. Remote downloading from the website/ps app also downloads the trial version.

I'll try getting in contact with them.

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

I got in contact with them and the solution they gave me was to download the trial, click on "buy the full game' and I would be able to buy the PS5 version for free. But when I click on "buy the full game" the only option I'm given is "play trial.