Avocago_65's PLATINUM PANTHEON

Avocago_65

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly Update 6.5.23

I'm here with the first of my (hopefully long-running) weekly updates! Sadly, I don't have much to report on. I was back home visiting family for a week so I wasn't able to make progress on any of my plats, but I was able to help my little brother with one of his games. It's been a grind the last two-ish days but I finally finished the plat for AC Origins! My goal is to get the rating and a small write up later tonight or tomorrow before moving on to my the next trophy. In other news, I'm working on sharing my thoughts on some of my previous plats to share why games landed where they did in my personal rankings, some of those should be hitting the thread over the next couple weeks and will lay some of the groundwork and structure for future posts as I try to find a system a like.

Week by the numbers

Platinums: Assassin's Creed Origins

Game progress:

1. Assassin's Creed Origins 51/51 (+14)

Completion Percentage: 32.53% (+0.3%)

Post updates (1/20)

Platinum #14 - Assassin's Creed Origins

1Ld659b2.png

Next Game Up

Just Cause 4! It's been a while since I dived into this game but I want to clean up what I have left and finally knock if off the backlog

Trackmania and Deathloop remain as my slow burn games I'm just playing as when I need a break from my current plat

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 10:05 PM, GravityQueeen said:

A pantheon of platinums, wow!

I'm cheering for Astro's Playroom to remain in the top 10 because I love it! From the ps5 games I played, this was my favorite, and the best to use the DualSense features.

Couldn't agree more! Would love to see another installment at some point but until then i'm content with the occasional replay

• Like 1

Minor Update!

Hello everyone, I'm here with a short mini update to follow up my weekly update post from the other night. As promised I wanted to share my ranking of my most recent platinum Assassin's Creed Origins and make the first update to the pantheon (I'm having some trouble changing the image at the moment but hopefully I can get it changed soon). In the meantime I've dived back into Just Cause 4 and have been making good progress in each over the past couple days, hoping to keep it up into the weekend. And now unto the ranking:

Platinum #14 - Assassin's Creed Origins

Summary: Overall, I really enjoyed this game as I was playing through the campaign. I have played a bit of assassin's creed before but this is the first one I've been able to finish. The game was immense and with a fresh take on combat compared to what I had previously played it was much more the type of game I enjoy over the previous entries and I was happy to add it to the list. Now, this is most likely my fault rather than the games but after finishing the campaign I started to really just want to be done with the game. There was so much to explore, so much backtracking across the map and so many missed location because of a lack of contrast between the map and the location symbols. I felt really bogged down in it all for the 8 or so hours of exploration I ended the game with and if I had to do it again i would push myself to explore more as I played rather than push through the campaign first. 

Enjoyment - 7 - I like the game! I'm not a huge AC fan. I like playing them here and there but I never found any of them stick. This one played more like a traditional RPG and I enjoy that genre more. I liked the world it was in and thought it felt full to the point that wandering around the desert was enjoyable. Definitely a strong start that held me while I pushed for the platinum.

Gameplay - 7 - At times the game felt clunky, like it knew what you wanted it to do but there was no way to do it and that was my mine strike against the gameplay. Otherwise I felt the gameplay flowed pretty nice. There was a nice balance of exploring versus combat in the campaign and the game rewarded practicing and mastery its new combat style. I do wish there was more emphasis on the assassin part of the game. Lastly please Ubisoft just get rid of the modern time parts of the campaign, they are useless and boring.

Music and Artwork - 7 - The detail in the map is really well done and makes the world feel like what it is: Egypt. I wish there was more effort put into making the UI look more present, especially the map screen so much of it is white or yellow (cause of like sand and stuff) but so are location markers that made it so much harder to find places I originally missed.

Extended play - 5 - As with most Ubisoft games, in my opinion, this one really dried up after the campaign ended. Going to clean up exploration and level up my character really ended up being a monotonous task. Eventually I reached a point in my character build where I was mindlessly mowing down enemies just to finish a location. It would have been nice to add more variety post game to keep the challenge going throughout, even with level scaling on not much was challenging and really lost the joy I had in the early levels balancing between stealth and straight combat.

Trophy list - 8 - I found the trophy list was well made for the game, with the exception of the explore all locations one. A lot of the trophies were fairly easy or encouraged using the unique features of the game and were fairly manageable when paired with the trophies requiring more of a grind. I would have liked to see more trophies around stealth but it wasn't a major point of contention for me. 

X-factor - 6 - I like when franchises try something new and with AC origins. the combat change was a nice change from what I have played in previous installments. That being said a lot of the game does stick to true AC framework and is a solid entry into the franchise but doesn't do much to warrant a higher X-factor score. 

• Like 1

Platinum #15 - Just Cause 4

1L7aea8f.png

Platinum #15 is in the books! Below you'll find my review of the game and it's fate in the Platinum Pantheon.

Spoiler

Summary: This game falls into a category for me of just pure easy fun. Not a lot going on in the game besides some high octane combat and adventuring. It's a game that's good for a few hours of mindless fun here and there but I found myself getting bored of over extended sessions. It falls short of missing the Platinum Pantheon but I still had a lot of fun with the game in short bursts. 

Enjoyment - 6 - I did enjoy the game while playing through it but I did end feeling like something was missing. There were definitely cracks and things I wish were included or changed but I think the product as is still is a good game. If you go in wanting something other than just blowing up stuff and zipping around you'll find the game slips a bit, which I think is the camp I fall in for this and why it'll miss the Pantheon for me. 

Gameplay - 6 - The gameplay is good for the most part. There does tend to be instances where the AI seems to be making it up as it goes so to speak and doesn't feel as polished and there sure are some frustrating moments when you move a little to fast that everything goes to trash and you're left wondering how that happened. Overall i feel like some of the normal controls could have used more polishing (driving in particular seems a bit slippery) but it never felt like it was hindering the game.

Music and Artwork - 5 - There's really not much to say here. The map is very nice and covers several biomes and looks good by ps4 standards. Nothing over the top that makes this stand out but nothing glaring that pulls it down, its perfectly in the middle ground.

Extended play - 4 - I felt that once I finished the majority of the map there was a steep drop in combat and it was really just a vehicle simulator for the most part. It was still fun but definitely made reaching chaos level 14 more trouble than it should have been. The stunts were a nice touch but I think adding one or two more categories and lowering the overall number would have made it a bit less tedious. The most fun I had were with the more challenging stunts of trying to figure out just how to get my vehicle through the ring and I would have liked a bit more puzzle like quality than we were given. 

Trophy list - 5 - There's a good mix in the list that lets you experience the whole map and different sub plots of the campaign. I would have liked more trophies relating to combat and trying out some of the different weapons and the level 14 trophy was a bit of a boring hassle that took some of the action out of the list. 

X-factor - 7 - I really like the over the top physics of this game. Zipping around the map, making things explode and then pulling off some crazy wingsuit moves is enough for a good time in my book and one of my favorite in game items: The grapple 

• Like 1