PS Vita network not working

no_imjayden

Bought a secondhand vita and it has been working pretty fine, up until about 2 days ago. I've been unable to connect to the network and can't sync my trophies. Here are some of the problems I've encountered.

- After ticking the wifi box in settings, exiting and reentering the menu gets rid of the checkmark behind wifi.

- When inputting an access point manually, an error code pops up (NW-3650-4).

- I do not have a MAC address listed under my system information.

- Clicking on WPS/AOSS either gives me an error code (NW-8915-3/NW8330-4 respectively) or completely prevents me from even pressing those options

- Turning on and off airplane mode causes my PS vita to restart out of nowhere and give another error code.

- Messages such as "A problem has occured with a mobile network feature. Contact technical support for assistance. (C4-3575-0)" will frequently pop up.

- Going to my trophies menu and clicking on "Playstation Network" gives an error: Could not connect to the network. (NW-2026-0)

- After going to settings > network, the option for "mobile network" or something like that disappears

- There is no option for me to press "Disconnect wifi connection automatically"

there are probably more errors but these are the only ones that I can remember

Now, I have tried literally every solution I can find on the internet.

- I have restarted my vita and the wifi router (multiple times), to no avail

- I have deleted my access points and tried to save them again

- I have set my DNS settings to manual and the primary DNS to 4.2.2.2 and secondary DNS to 4.2.2.1

- Using a different wifi network does not seem to help, I've tried 3 different networks including my phone's hotspot

- Rebooting the vita in safe mode does not help

- Restoring settings does not work either

- Yes, my flight mode is off

- I haven't gotten a new wifi module but thats honestly a worst case scenario because i really dont want to have to spend more money to repair this

really starting to worry, not only is this going to affect my trophy completion percentage (as a completionist, this sucks) but it also ruins a lot of other online features for me. so far ive only seen one other person whos encountered the same problem as me on reddit, but he didnt manage to fix this error either. really hoping someone here has a solution for me. thanks!

It's a hardware issue with your wifi chip, but some of the error codes you've posted are related to a non-working 3G connection (3G networks are disabled on all mobile carriers since a few years).

It is possible to remove the 3G modem to get rid of the 3G errors, but to replace the wifi you need a new mainboard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StarWolf3000 said:

It's a hardware issue with your wifi chip, but some of the error codes you've posted are related to a non-working 3G connection (3G networks are disabled on all mobile carriers since a few years).

It is possible to remove the 3G modem to get rid of the 3G errors, but to replace the wifi you need a new mainboard.

so removing the 3G modem wont be enough to get the wifi to work? also, is it possible to replace the wifi chip without getting a new mainboard?

You can first try to remove the 3G by unsoldering it (there are various guides on how to do so), and then check if you can get wifi to work. If it works, then for some reason the 3G modem was blocking access to wifi (it shouldn't do that).

If you have to replace the wifi, then the really only option is a new board, as wifi consists of multiple ICs (since it also contains the bluetooth module) and electrical components (resistors etc.). A new board is less of a hazzle than having to fiddle with small pieces.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StarWolf3000 said:

You can first try to remove the 3G by unsoldering it (there are various guides on how to do so), and then check if you can get wifi to work. If it works, then for some reason the 3G modem was blocking access to wifi (it shouldn't do that).

If you have to replace the wifi, then the really only option is a new board, as wifi consists of multiple ICs (since it also contains the bluetooth module) and electrical components (resistors etc.). A new board is less of a hazzle than having to fiddle with small pieces.

ah i see. thanks a lot for your help!