Chirpnado chance? (What the...?)

elvisfan1

I am in an interesting situation where I have a save just after dealing with a Tsunami. The warning is still on screen when I load up and the disaster shows in my City info about a minute in to the save.

Following this, without fail, a Tornado (9.7) appears every time. I'm just wondering if I keep reloading and running this tornado, will there be a chance it would be a Chirpnado? Or has the game likely already decided it's a normal one despite the Tsunami not technically being finished when I load in?

I just want to know if it's worth reloading over and over again for this Tornado because I'm going to probably have to do it about 700 times.

Crossposted with Reddit.

a Chirpnado is not considered a "variant" of a tornado by the game, it's a separate thing.

If you already have the tornado warning when the save loads, then that disaster instance it is already locked out of possibly being a Chirpnado.

It's also worth noting that (at least in my understanding) a Chirpnado only begins to have a chance to spawn once you have had a certain amount of disasters happen already in a landmass - 200, I think?

I believe it's a 0.4% chance of any disaster being a Chirpnado after you've seen 200 other disasters, but it's a 0% chance before that, so you don't want to be reloading anything before that, as you will be resetting the count.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Just now, elvisfan1 said:

Eurgh, they should just have Chirpnado day when Skylines II comes out. Every disaster is one. Bored of hunting it haha

The best way to cheese it is really to build up a larger city, so you can buy a lot of extra landmass, (as many tiles as possible), then once you have that extra area, pair it way down, to create a very small, self-sufficient city in a small, well guarded area (high up, protected from flooding etc.)

Then, manually spawn 200 disasters (meteors or earthquakes etc - easy to control ones) far away from the city, then just set it to max speed, and leave the console running. 

You might get unlucky, and the city still gets wiped out while you're AFK (a direct hit from a meteor or something), but with a small city that is protected from tsunamis by natural barriers, and a lot of empty space, the odds are that 95% of disasters will just happen miles away... and eventually the chirpnado will happen.

• Like 1