Game crashes on Start Game screen

I just downloaded the PS5 version of this as it is included with my PS+ membership plan. Game crashes repeatedly right at the Start Game screen. I did all the remediations for error CE-108255-1 (short of resetting my PS5) to no avail. There actually wasn't even a save game to delete yet. The game is version 1.008.011, 19.29GB, and supposedly the most recent in the NA store. But I have seen mentions of a patch 1.8.8.4 from Feb 2023. So I am not sure what is going on with the download I have. Anyone else have this issue?

On 2023-06-09 at 0:30 AM, martinlastbandit said:

I just downloaded the PS5 version of this as it is included with my PS+ membership plan. Game crashes repeatedly right at the Start Game screen. I did all the remediations for error CE-108255-1 (short of resetting my PS5) to no avail. There actually wasn't even a save game to delete yet. The game is version 1.008.011, 19.29GB, and supposedly the most recent in the NA store. But I have seen mentions of a patch 1.8.8.4 from Feb 2023. So I am not sure what is going on with the download I have. Anyone else have this issue?

I also have the PS5 digital version because I bought a while back then the PS4 digital version in discount. I never had this problem since I started playing this game a few months ago.

This is indeed, the latest version of the game that I have on the game. About the patch, the numeration is a bit weird because the number version displayed on the card game is different from the one displayed in the game. So, the latest path is 1.8.11.1 which is also 1.008.011. 

The only difference I can think of is I didn't get the game from the PS+ membership plan. So maybe your subscription wasn't renewed?