Charms

Nojo999

Hey guys.. i've got a question. I'm fairly new to Diablo 2 and I want to approach the HC lv 99 Trophy right away.

So I've looked up and build (hammerdin ofc) and I need some charms. I already dropped a dozen of charms in my playtrough and I'm lv 30.

Are those charms useful now? I mean.. I got some of them when I was lv 5.

Does the lv when I found them matters? Or are they always catching up to my actual lv?

Hopefully someone can answer my (maybe stupid) question :)

Just pick everyone of them, if you have the will, 90% of them will be dropped but resist charms and plus skills matter. No charms do not scale, lvl doesn't matter that much I think.

I also suggest picking every amulet you find even if it is blue, I found blue one +3 to combat skills paladin, + 2 offensive auras , etc. 

I've spent hundreds of hours with hammerdin so free to ask, I will gladly answer. ?

Edited by VencaHardy
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, VencaHardy said:

Just pick everyone of them, if you have the will, 90% of them will be dropped but resist charms and plus skills matter. No charms do not scale, lvl doesn't matter that much I think.

I also suggest picking every amulet you find even if it is blue, I found blue one +3 to combat skills paladin, + 2 offensive auras , etc. 

I've spent hundreds of hours with hammerdin so free to ask, I will gladly answer. 1f44d.png

Thanks for answering! So I'll then continue to pick up all charms/rings/amulets :D 

Those charms in early game arent very useful, maybe early on but as you progress further they will just be useless, they dont scale with your character, theyre static, what they do now they will do when you hit lvl 99

what youre going to wanna do is get to hell difficulty, farm diablo (in hell difficulty) and save every charm his corpse drops, (well just small and grands) then from there youre going to wanna transmute them in the horadric cube with 3 perfect gems, you’ll get a random roll but this is the easiest way to get +character skills grand charms with added life secondary mods

you should look up a D2 grand charm reroll video on youtube to familiarize yourself with the process

• Like 1

Blizzard also introduce Terror Zones in Diablo2R.

In these Terror Zones, they drop Sunder Charms, which is very useful (if you are a Hammerdin, you'll need a Sunder Charm for Magic immunities)

You can basically get these charms in your few runs. But only keep 1 Sunder Charm, as these are double-edged sword. It also affects your character as well.

• Like 1