Red dead redemption 2 level 50

Hi guys so I'm at level 20 and have just started the collectors stuff to farm xp but I've recently read that rockstar  made an update so that the collectibles have been made random. My question is, is there any point in me continuing farming these collectibles? I've done one tarot card set already. But once I've finished all card sets, what else will there be for me to collect since all the rest of the collectibles are just in random spots? I don't think it's worth all this time honestly and if there's no other solution then I'm gonna delete the game and just leave this platinum 

The collectables are in random spots, but they follow daily cycles. However some collectables are completely random and don't have any set spawns on any day.

It's possible to collect all 4 tarot card sets, 3 complete flower sets, and 1 set each of the antique alcohol bottles, family heirlooms and bird eggs (providing none of the eggs glitch on you), for 10 complete sets each day. The jewellery sets have some items that have fixed spawns on certain days, but other items that don't have any fixed spawns at all. The bracelets and necklaces all have fixed spawns on certain days, but the earrings and rings sets both have at least 1 item in the set that is completely random. The arrowheads, coins, and fossils are all completely random each day.

There is a great interactive map that updates each spawn for that day: https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/

Edit: someone ninja'd the map link, and it's absolutely still applicable today. Definitely still worth sticking to the collector role as it's by far still the best way to level up and accrue money, imo. Even more so when the collector role is getting xp and RDO$ bonuses that month (last time was in April when I did it).

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

You can also force spawn the collectibles you need for example for the cards you can spawn all sets like 3 or 4 times I think all you need to do is to go to the location of the collectible eat something to save your location join new free room session and the collectible will spawn but this work only with the collectibles in world map which means anything need to diged or shot won't work 

Hope this helps you and anyone going for the trophy 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/06/2023 at 0:09 AM, TopShotta-III said:

Hi guys so I'm at level 20 and have just started the collectors stuff to farm xp but I've recently read that rockstar  made an update so that the collectibles have been made random. My question is, is there any point in me continuing farming these collectibles? I've done one tarot card set already. But once I've finished all card sets, what else will there be for me to collect since all the rest of the collectibles are just in random spots? I don't think it's worth all this time honestly and if there's no other solution then I'm gonna delete the game and just leave this platinum 

If you want just quick easy exp without getting bored out of your mind from looking up collectibles and just get like 5 levels of exp from LVL 40 every 2 hours. Then go to Van Horn Trading post and turn off auto aim completely and repetitively kill all the NPCs with red dots on them over and over again. Once the cops come, let them kill you. Rinse and repeat. You need a lot of money for this (because of bounty hunters), so I advise you to get all the other trophies that involve cash spending 1st.

• Like 1