I kind of love this game

grim_fendango

At first glance this game feels buggy and the controls are unresponsive. But if you think of it a bit like darksouls where there is a delay to inputs and you take time to master the mechanics it's kind of awesome. Frustratingly awesome. But still awesome. I would say if you are looking to play this, aim for 100%. Getting all of the medals will require you to master the mechanics of the game like maintaining max speed, performing the kung fu moves in mid air. Also pay attention to how scoring works. Getting all the money and chains but wiping out 5 times and arriving at the end with 5 seconds to spare will not give you a good result. Speed is king.

If you are just looking for a quick fun time. I think the initial learning curve and the games quirks may overwhelm any long lasting sense of joy you may have. But if you are willing to put the time in. Show patience and be persistent, with when the game does random things then you will find something to enjoy here.

I really wish that this game had more time for polish though. If it had a bit more of an in depth campaign mode and more responsive controls this would be much more of a hidden gem. But as it stands it's an underrated niche game for PS Move fans who have a glutton for punishment.