Corrupted Save File ?

Fyrwurm

Hi Everyone,

Despite this being a fairly simplistic game, it has held my attention for a number of days. I finally unlocked the Industrial area and did lots of scouting and little burgling. Then, I decided to go back to Richy Richville to snag some Fabergé Eggs. After a few attempts I finally scooped up my second one and returned to my hideout, sold everything I didn't need, spent some skill points, and called it a night. The next time I logged on, I thought it was odd that I found myself in the Industrial area and my van was parked partly off the road by an industrial building. When I went back to my hideout, I looked and sure enough a Fabergé Egg was missing, all of my loot was back in my vault, and somehow I had lost a level...

I have since tried a couple of different things to restore my save (including doing some things that I would notice) and saving with the couch instead of anything else, but so far, I seem to be stuck back at the warehouse. If I must, I will, reluctantly, start again, but before I do, I wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

I have tried to find anyone else who might have some idea, but so far this is the only post that I have found.

Unfortunately I am now on my 4th restart because of this issue. This is the last time I am willing to try it before giving up and saying the game is unplayable. My save file has gotten stuck at different places on every play through so I cannot find a definitive cause so I can try to avoid it and I have been quitting the game and creating a backup save after every successful mission as soon as I quit and restart the game to make sure the save is correct. Good luck I contacted PlayStation to let them know they were selling a broken and they told me to try contacting the game developers and that they would pass the information on to PS store quality control.

• 6 months later...
9 minutes ago, mikeyeatsfoxy said:

I'm officially giving up on this piece of shit. Twice in one day the save file corrupted sending me back almost a third of the way. And I literally have one trophy left until the platinum, but apparently I can't finish. Screw this game to hell.

I last played on 1.03 and that was hell, I could never get past the half way point in the story.  I noticed 1.05 was available and downloaded it, haven't played it yet, but I'm guessing they haven't fixed the issue.... 😕

Ok, so after making my anger post and deleting the game, I decided to give it one more chance once I calmed down. I made sure to not close the game and luckily it never crashed, and I've finally gotten the platinum. My advice once you notice this corruption happening, if you still want to give it a go, is to not close the game until you're finished and hope it doesn't crash on you. I also found a couple of speed run videos on YouTube that helped me get through parts I'd already done a lot quicker. Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 1:08 PM, mikeyeatsfoxy said:

Ok, so after making my anger post and deleting the game, I decided to give it one more chance once I calmed down. I made sure to not close the game and luckily it never crashed, and I've finally gotten the platinum. My advice once you notice this corruption happening, if you still want to give it a go, is to not close the game until you're finished and hope it doesn't crash on you. I also found a couple of speed run videos on YouTube that helped me get through parts I'd already done a lot quicker. Good luck everyone.

I see now that it can be done in about an hour with the right guide😀. Congratulations!