Completing the first list only

My plan is to eventually finish the first list only, and then just delete the second one. 

I checked it to see if I could find anything I might accidentally pop (which would obviously void my ability to delete the second list), and the only trophy that seemed dangerous was the "Seasoned Friendship" one.

Is there anything else I've missed? 

I'm asking specifically about trophies that can be obtained without buying the respective dlcs.

Finishing the first list would be hard enough already, and I really don't wanna accidentally get stuck in this game forever.

Do you plan on getting ESO+ subscription? If not, its rather easy to avoid trophies in the additional list, since all trophies except the Seasoned Friendship trophy are locked behind the DLCs. The only time when you should be careful is during an ESO+ free trial week; you get access to all DLC except the newest one, and their dungeons. Completing these dungeons for the first time unlocks trophies.

If you do get ESO+, then it will be more difficult. You have to avoid any dungeon appearing on the additional list since, as said before, first time completion unlocks trophies. You can't fully explore the areas either - all DLCs have a completion trophy, like Hero of... or Savior of...; they unlock after completing the main quests + completing the DLC specific delves + discovering all striking locales.

The DLCs Blackwood, Deadlands, High Isle, Firesong, and Necrom all have trophies for completing the main story.

If you plan on playing on a PS5 in the future: the PS5 version doesn't have the additional trophy list; all trophies are in one big list. Trophies connected to in-game achievements unlock once you play with a character that fulfilled the requirements and has the specific achievement unlocked. But for 100% in the PS5 version, you would have to get all trophies, including the ones you avoided.

On 23.07.2023 at 2:20 PM, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Do you plan on getting ESO+ subscription? If not, its rather easy to avoid trophies in the additional list, since all trophies except the Seasoned Friendship trophy are locked behind the DLCs. The only time when you should be careful is during an ESO+ free trial week; you get access to all DLC except the newest one, and their dungeons. Completing these dungeons for the first time unlocks trophies.

If you do get ESO+, then it will be more difficult. You have to avoid any dungeon appearing on the additional list since, as said before, first time completion unlocks trophies. You can't fully explore the areas either - all DLCs have a completion trophy, like Hero of... or Savior of...; they unlock after completing the main quests + completing the DLC specific delves + discovering all striking locales.

The DLCs Blackwood, Deadlands, High Isle, Firesong, and Necrom all have trophies for completing the main story.

If you plan on playing on a PS5 in the future: the PS5 version doesn't have the additional trophy list; all trophies are in one big list. Trophies connected to in-game achievements unlock once you play with a character that fulfilled the requirements and has the specific achievement unlocked. But for 100% in the PS5 version, you would have to get all trophies, including the ones you avoided.

Yeah, I still haven't decided whether I'll use eso+ or only buy specific dlc packs.
On the one hand, eso+ is cheaper, but on the other, it's much more dangerous, as you said.
Anyway, thanks for the reply.
If I decide on eso+, I'll probably do a detailed guide or something on what to avoid for those who might be interested in doing the same in the future

Seasoned Friendship is nothing to worry about. Even during the ESO+ free trial, companions are specifically locked unless you truly own Blackwood. Since you don't plan to own it, or even venture to Blackwood to pickup the companion quest, it will never unlock.

Hey someone with over 1000 hours here, you're not in danger of popping anything from the second list with ESO+. On the ESO wiki there is a list of dungeons, and which dlc's they pertain to. Easy to avoid them altogether as you can search for specific dungeons on the activity finder. And even if you loaded up a random dungeon for the daily XP and transmute crystals, you can always just check the name and then leave. With the companion trophy, as someone has already mentioned, you need to actively go to blackwood, get the companion quest complete it and then adventure with it to actively get the trophy, so four steps you would consciously need to do to pop it.

Also, in case you accidentally did a dungeon from the second list, you won't get any trophy, as you would need to complete the other dungeon in that set to get the trophy - something you can be tactical with especially if you find a build that works for you which requires a gear set/monster set from the second list dungeons (in other words, reap the benefits of that dungeon without actively getting a trophy).

Furthermore (although I could be wrong as its been a while) - you can even get some of the OP mythic items, such as the oakensoul ring and ring of the pale order, without ever getting the scrying trophy on Greymoor as you can scry the required items on lvl9, while the trophy for scyring pops on lvl10. These two items will make your life a hell of a lot easier especially for Veteran Maelstrom arena and the veteran dungeons.

And personally I would recommend ESO+ for one other reason other than cost effectiveness and access to every dlc; it gives you access to the craft bag and 1500 crowns per month.

Starting with the craft bag, it is vital if you plan on delving into crafting, as you can carry an unlimited amount of materials and can get into each of the crafting skills, without having to pigeonhole yourself to one due to the huge amount of space the materials would take up in your inventory without it. Also, it will make upgrading your gear sets a lot cheaper, and give you access to the higher end materials through the max level daily crafting quests.

The 1500 crowns, if you save 5000 you can buy assistants, anything from a shop you can pull out and sell stuff, to a bank for your items, deconstructor, armourer to change loadouts etc. Its just a good quality of life feature instead of having to stop mid quest or mid dungeon to head back to a city and sell/deconstruct stuff. 

If you need any help or advice before starting, you're more than welcome to message and I can answer any of the questions you have :)

Edited by vinni978