Stardrop Trophy bug / advice / strategy

Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

So about a year ago I got the bug where the stardrop trophy didn’t pop for me. This is the worst trophy I’ve ever had not pop in a game since I had about 100 hours on my file by the time I got the last stardrop. I believe it was the stardrop for catching all the fish was the last one I got.

Lately I’ve been doing some research and it seems this bug is caused by the game not registering that you got the star drop on level 100 of the mines. I found this on a steam forum and I guess on PC you can edit the save file to get the game to recognize this star drop, I imagine on ps5 that’s not possible. I want to attempt this trophy again on a new file but I surely don’t want to waste another 100 hours for it not to pop.

So basically I wanted to ask people on this site for advice, maybe I should leave the mine stardrop until last, but I don’t think that is possible because one of the fish you need to catch is on level 100 of the mine where you get this stardrop that causes the bug apparently.

Also if there’s any speed runner types maybe you have a strategy to get the star drops as fast as possible? So I can spend as little time as possible to get this trophy.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

I'm not sure if the naming glitch still works on PS but iirc Stardrops do have a Unique item ID and if you name a chicken like that [434] you could get infinite stardrops. But i honestly don't know if that trick works towards the trophy or not. Then again you could also start a new save and name your char [434] and then talk to gus repeatedly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tosmasta00 said:

I'm not sure if the naming glitch still works on PS but iirc Stardrops do have a Unique item ID and if you name a chicken like that [434] you could get infinite stardrops. But i honestly don't know if that trick works towards the trophy or not. Then again you could also start a new save and name your char [434] and then talk to gus repeatedly.

yeah that was fixed a nice while ago in the 1.5 update. Thanks for your comment though 

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, there is no known fix for this on console.  Fortunately, it's a fairly uncommon bug.  I'd recommend leaving the mines stardrop as late as possible and making a backup save before grabbing it.

Many of the stardrops in the game can actually be grabbed fairly quickly.  The only one that has some RNG element is the museum one.  You can buy artifact troves from the desert merchant to speed that one up a bit.

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 9:51 AM, auroranaut said:

Unfortunately, there is no known fix for this on console.  Fortunately, it's a fairly uncommon bug.  I'd recommend leaving the mines stardrop as late as possible and making a backup save before grabbing it.

Many of the stardrops in the game can actually be grabbed fairly quickly.  The only one that has some RNG element is the museum one.  You can buy artifact troves from the desert merchant to speed that one up a bit.

Good luck!

Thanks for your response

I wonder if it’s possible to leave the mine star drop to be the very last one, because I think a fish you need for the “catch every fish” stardrop is also on the final floor of the mine with the stardrop in question. Not sure what else getting to level 100 of the mine unlocks now since it’s been a while since I played this game.

Really would like to go back and get this platinum though.

• 4 months later...
18 hours ago, ASleepyGerbil said:

You may be able to revert the game back to the 1.5 update. There is a few forums around on how to do this 

I thought about cleaning up my remaining trophies including the stardrops on the vita version, since there is less of everything to craft in that version, less fish to craft etc. but the problem with that is I can’t seem to find a guide for the vita version.

Every trophy guide I find has been updated with the island stuff, and all the other new stuff that’s been added in the most recent versions sadly.

I want to find a guide with a list of all the items you need to craft for the craft everything trophy for the vita version.

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

19 hours ago, SchiavaDiKeqing said:

Do you know if they patched this or is it still possible for the trophy to not pop? I am currently going for the platinum and I am terribly scared of that trophy not unlocking.

Considering there is posts on Reddit from people having this glitch 5+ years ago, and many updates have been released since then, I highly doubt he will ever patch it.

Apparently it’s rare so I wouldn’t worry too much. If you want to be extra careful save the floor 100 of the mine stardrop for last and backup your save to cloud before getting it, then if trophy doesn’t pop you can re download your save and get it again to see if it triggers the trophy the second attempt.

That’s my plan anyway whenever I finally get around to it lol 

On 8/3/2023 at 6:35 PM, Tosmasta00 said:

I know this is a late response but today I tried to do the naming glitch on the vita version of the game, since it hasn’t been patched in that version. 

Spent a couple hours getting people to say my name 7 times to get the stardrops, and when I had 7 of them the trophy did not pop.

So I guess using the naming glitch to get the stardrops doesn’t trigger the trophy sadly. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If anybody reads this in the future and wants to know how it turned out:

I made a new save, saved the lava eel for my last fish (for that stardrop), and the level 100 mine stardrop (which is the one that causes the issue) apparently. 

Backed up my save to cloud just incase it didn’t pop, then got both of those stardrops the same day.

Thankfully the trophy popped on the first attempt so the cloud upload was unnecessary, but it was a smart precaution never the less.

• Like 1