Game crashes is the only cause of trophy glitching

maz9340

Guys i have put 85 hours into this game, even tried the downgrade (messed it up, put the final fantasy URL in and corrupted everything) so just ploughed on with the latest version.

So from my experience having just done 5 playthroughs it seems the only thing that resets the "counters" are actual game crashes. 

For example, when i was going for the Family trophy on the first playthrough i had done all 5 of Cassandra and Vitos sidemissions, then just turned in the LAST burke side mission and the game glitched and "hung" on the loading screen. Sat for 15 minutes but it didnt return back to the game. I continued the game until completion.

So on my next Family playthrough i got all 3 bosses sharing districts equally (3 each) and then went straight for Burkes missions first. Low and behold the trophy popped on the last one WITHOUT me having to do the cassandra and vito missions. The game remembered!

Money and combat trophies shared across playthroughs and popped fine as i had no crashes on the middle 2 playthroughs

The new boss trophy glitched half way through so i (stupidly) carried on to get the remaining flips but got nothing. Final playthrough all bosses flipped without a crash and pop went the trophy.

On the last playthrough i even quit to main menu then exited the game to play another. Didnt affect the outcome. It seems that crashes only affect it.

My advice is Never Delete your save data because things can carry over between playthoughs and the main thing just quit to main menu and start a new game if you experience a game crash.

Glad to hear you got there in the end. My piece of advice would be just to downgrade to 1.09 like you tried before. I've had no issues so far and despite all the negative reviews, I'm really enjoying Mafia III. 1968 is a very unique setting.

Honestly this game is such a buggy pain id just advise everyone downgrading to the 1.09 version so you dont have to stress about any trophy. Not really hard to downgrade to 1.09 just do a little research in the forums and u ll get it just fine. Got my bugged main game trophies normally with no issues and doing the dlcs in 1.09 rn aswell