Bam, Bam, Win! Tubno Controller Method

ExSoldier-Marci-

Hi Guys, Just wanted to share my turbo pad method for the below trophy,

Bam, Bam, Win!
Winning 300 RANKED matches will put the word out for Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu! It'll be like, "the succesor or Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu, Laura Matsuda is right here!"

You will need a Turbo Pad and E-Honda available to use. This method only really works if you are below 1500 BP but the lower the better

Select Honda as your main character

Enter training mode

Go to controller settings and map LP (Low Punch) to X (originally defaulted to Square)

Turn on fight request - Ranked (On) Casual (Off) Cross Play (Any) Connection (Any) You don't want it to ask for confirmation as you are going to accept every game so leave the final setting as is

Set your turbo controller to rapid fire on the X button

Leave it running for however long you want, I usually leave it for about 2 hours

If you have done everything right, Honda should be using the LP version of Hundred hand slap on loop, As this button is set to X, it will also request a rematch and send you back to training mode after the set is over.

I've found that lower level players just cant figure out how to deal with pressure and will lose 2-4 rounds in a row, Pro players will completely annihilate you however.

I was able to get about 10 wins an hour with this method as well as keeping my BP low which was my main goal as I would then play normally and get another 10-15 quick wins before looping in the turbo method to get myself back down with some bonus wins along the way.

I wouldn't recommend trying this until after you reach Gold rank as maintaining a win streak is essential for that. I discovered this when trying to rank myself back down to 0 so that I could grind out quick wins but could never get below 1000 points.

Hope this helps, If you see a Honda in a white suit mashing LP hundred hands, that's me :)

I use the Hori Fighting Commander 4,

In terms of Gold league, I have reached it twice but both methods require you to be able to maintain a win streak of 10-15.

Some tips

The best players are online at night so try to play on weekdays during the morning/afternoon

I was able to reach gold with a 20ish win streak, that's only 10 different players

90% of your opponents will use Ryu/Ken, learn what moves can be punished, Shoryuken is easy to bait and punish

Use throws to punish if you are not sure what to do

Practice your combos, pick a character you like and learn the following,

Defence, learn to block Crossups, Ryu/ken players love to jump over you in the corner, just block in the opposite direction 

1 Anti-Air, depends on the character, for Honda I use standing HP

Punish sweep with sweep 

Use crouching medium kick to poke, For Honda I use crouching MK

1 combo to punish, for Honda I use Standing LP, MP, MP+LK, Tap MP I can follow this with super of EX sumo slam if close

1 cross up combo, For Honda, after a knock down, cross up horizontal jump down MK, standing MP, Diagonal Down/Forward HK (Overhead) Crouching LP, Medium Sumo Slam

1 or 2 combos to hit confirm in to super, For Honda this can be as simple as crouching LP to super

Hope it helps

This is hilarious. I can definitely see it working on rookie players. If i lost to a guy spamming HHS, it would be...

emotional-damage.gif

11 hours ago, dvarney81 said:

Any tips for getting to gold?

I'm really struggling 1f61e.png

By the way I've played against you quite a few times while you've been afk, I was wondering what you were doing 1f602.png

Super easy. No matter what character you use, don't jump in if you can help it and learn your best anti-air. Inexperienced players jump in too much...I've even been guilty of this. It just feels too natural to do. Let your opponent make the mistakes and punish them for it. There are opportunities where jumping in is vital, but do your best to not overuse it.

Edited by Kittens Are Awesome
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

This is hilarious. I can definitely see it working on rookie players. If i lost to a guy spamming HHS, it would be...

emotional-damage.gif

Super easy. No matter what character you use, don't jump in if you can help it and learn your best anti-air. Inexperienced players jump in too much...I've even been guilty of this. It just feels too natural to do. Let your opponent make the mistakes and punish them for it. There are opportunities where jumping in is vital, but do your best to not overuse it.

I wouldn't have though so myself but then I go back and watch the replay, they just don't know what to do, especially blanka players.