Is it alright to put my PS4 in rest mode for a week?

ZekkenAlter

10 hours ago, Viper said:

You'll be completely fine. I have no idea where people got it in their heads that Rest Mode is a bad feature to use...does shit happen? Sure. But it's not common at all. These machines are built with the idea of using rest mode so that it can charge controllers and work updates in the background. 

While I've moved on to the PS5 these days, I use rest mode almost exclusively. And when I was on PS4 for 6 years consistently before that I used rest mode almost exclusively. Zero issues other than needing to restart the console after a few months to refresh the cache (just like a computer). 

The only thing here is that I don't know if a trophy like this works in this way. When you suspend a game, it's still turned off, the feature just collected a certain amount of data so it knows to restore at that exact point when you turn the console back on. So since the console is still in a low power off state, it's not usually recording any play data. 

Depending on the place, for example, in my country power outrages are common in summer (and other seasons as well) so I don't know people that leave it connected.

And yes, if you leave the game suspended the data will still be there when you turn the console on. I used to to do it in the middle of long GT races.

Edited by Jeanoltt