Tip: Faster farming using PS+ Premium

Since Youngblood is part of the PS+ Extra catalog, you're able to stream the game on your PC (assuming you also have PS+ Premium) and play co-op using a second account on your PS4/5. This is of great benefit for the grindiest trophies on this list. Allow me to explain.

You'll need:

• PS+ Premium
  • PC (+ spare Dualshock 4 controller) or other device that supports streaming PS4 games
  • A second account + USB Drive or with PS+ for Cloud Saving

EDIT: If you own a second PS4/5, then that's an alternative to using PS4 streaming. You should be able to play the game online with a second account without it needing PS+ as well, as long as the console you're on is the primary console of your main account.

Now, I recommend first playing through the game on your main account and doing all the missions and collectibles there. Once that's done, upload that save to the cloud so that you can continue on that save file using PS4 streaming. On your console, start up a new game on your second account, and then join that session with your main account. Play through the opening missions, and then collect all available side missions. Enemies will scale according to the level of the host, so you'll mow down just about everyone in a couple of bullets and barely take any damage. The only danger is when you're doing a mission that is too high level for the host, they'll cause you a lot of damage but their HP remains very low. EIther way, dying isn't of much consequence.

Your goal here is to do as many side missions as you can, but don't hand them in. You should be able to have 5 side missions ready to hand in once you've been to every district, you don't even need to do the Brother missions, just make sure to return to the catacombs regularly since certain side missions auto-complete and unlock new ones. Once you have 5 side missions to hand in, back-up the save of your second account either on USB or the Cloud if it has PS+ as well. Now you can repeatedly hand them in and farm both ability points and cash (around 1600 coins each time) by handing in the quests, downloading the backed up save, and repeating the process.

Another positive with this method, since the enemies are so weak, is that you can easily farm kills here as well. I recommend doing that prior to the whole ability point and cash farming, although I also suggest getting the Hammer ammo pep first to help with your limited Hammer ammo, it costs 5000 coins. You can leave the second account player at the Metro Map, and quickly travel to a new district once you've killed all the enemies in an area to greatly speed up the downtime where you're not killing anyone. A route I liked doing for kills was Little Berlin, the main street, and the building close by, then running to the lab and once everyone was dead there, travel to Victory Boulevard. There I'd kill the people in the street outside the metro, followed by that garage(?) that you can get into by jumping onto the bus and onto the balcony of the building, and once they're dead back to Little Berlin and repeat.

Edited by VlayerTheSlayer
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

Thanks for the efficient method. Haven’t played the game yet, only heard it’s grindy. I supposed the PC can be replaced by another ps4 console to perform the boosting method?

I'm not 100% certain with this game but I am pretty sure that using the "premium streaming method" is just a way to circumvent not actually having a 2nd console. If you've got one you should be good.

• Like 1

I supposed the PC can be replaced by another ps4 console to perform the boosting method?

Yes, the key is basically just having a second device that you can play on simultaneously, PS4 streaming is just an alternative to owning another PS4/5.

You could also do this with a friend technically, like the guide suggests with farming the treasure hunts. However it's gonna be a tedious experience for that friend so I wouldn't suggest putting them through this.