This game is awful

Darling Baphomet

Surprising absolutely nobody. But just in case anyone mistakes this from a game with a shred of decency, here's my thoughts. The game had the lookings of an asset flip, however I'm a fan of retro shooters and it regularly goes dirt cheap, so I figured I'd give it a shot. My conclusion is that calling this game an asset flip is an insult to asset flips.

The game is incredibly low effort and seems like something somebody made in a week maximum. Graphics are hideous, and not in a retro way - the textures are mismatched and extremely low resolution, and to make matters worse have hideous smoothing applied. Enemy placement is completely random and unbalanced. The levels themselves are janky and barely work - e.g. at the house full of Nazis, they shot at me through walls.

Sound design is ok and the cryptic poems at the start of each level made me hope there was something interesting here. But there isn't. At least the melee attack is kind of fun to use, and the rifle spinning reload animation is cool. I'm not going to go further with this game though as I would be genuinely embarrassed to have the platinum for this game.