How to master death loops?

mikee1908

So I managed to gold medal first 168 tracks and those next two (169 and 170) look really menacing. What they have in common is that there is no hope to get good times on them without being good at those death loops that they have 2-3 each. I think best thing I can do to beat both those tracks is just train those loops. Any advice how to do that, besides trying to balance stuff out? At which side is it better to approach, closer / further from the middle? Should I pull hard to the side it's twisted to or rather stick with the other side? I'll watch some runs to learn but maybe you got some tricks under your sleeve. 

Thanks so much!

The best way to master them is to release the throttle before you reach the curve of the ramp and as you hit the loop counter steer. You have to release the throttle and then steer because the car will just go straight as the wheels lose traction. They do that because the loop acts like a ramp for a half second and that is why you end up hitting the rails. 

• Like 1

Thanks! Since English is not my first language and I suck at car terminology - what does 'release the throttle' mean button-wise? Throttling = brakes? Counter steering as I understand means if I get pulled left (as the loop goes), I steer right to keep the balance. 

Thx for the help!

2 hours ago, mikee1908 said:

Thanks! Since English is not my first language and I suck at car terminology - what does 'release the throttle' mean button-wise? Throttling = brakes? Counter steering as I understand means if I get pulled left (as the loop goes), I steer right to keep the balance. 

Thx for the help!

Just let go of the R2 button (Accelerate) for a half second. 😊 and yes you're correct about counter-steering. 

3 hours ago, MushuMixLipa said:

Just let go of the R2 button (Accelerate) for a half second. 😊 and yes you're correct about counter-steering. 

Okay, that helps. Still super tedious to get right, but I guess no other choice :D those death loops in canyon maps tend to be a lot harder than those in rollercoaster lagoon...

• Like 1