RUMOR: Tom Holland to Play Jak and Chris Pratt might voice Daxter in Live Action Jak & Daxter Movie.

Vezri

It feels like Chris Pratt is in everything these days.

A live-action hybrid approach is definitely not the kind of style I'd prefer to see for a Jak and Daxter film. I'd much prefer a big-budget CG-animated film for this particular franchise. Tom Holland as Jak, I could take or leave. It surely wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not the worst idea and it could possibly work with the right direction. I remember him saying that he specifically wanted to play Jak in an interview, so that might be why he got the role. Chris Pratt as Daxter is a real headscratcher; I just can't see that working particularly well. It's gonna be a jarring take on the character for sure.

If this is true, this film is already off to a rough start. I'll still give any trailers a fair chance, but things aren't looking great if this is the kind of casting they have in mind for these characters.  Hopefully the writing and story can do the heavy lifting here, but only time will tell, I suppose.

My most burning question about a potential Jak and Daxter movie would regard its tone and setting. Would they make it a family-friendly, PG-rated film more tonally in line with Jak 1, or would they shoot for a PG-13 rating by making it closer to Jak II and Jak 3?

• Like 1