Warning in case you are looking at playing this game for trophies.

Ric

This game is pretty bad for trophy hunting. If you want to get this for trophies, please be aware of the following:

• This game consists of 7 sets, with each of them having 9 levels, so 63 levels in total.
  • You need to get 45 gold medals. The bronze times are extremely limited on most of the bigger puzzles, let alone the gold times.
  • You need to complete all 9 levels of a set with at least a bronze time, to be able to progress to the next set.
  • You get money and tools for completing each level (for each medal you get rewards only once. If you have gold on a level, you cannot get anything from it anymore).
  • The levels are randomly generated (within the level's specific layout). This means that levels are often unsolvable and you have to restart a lot. I've had a situation were there were no more moves after I've done only 2, and situations where the puzzle was unsolvable because identical tiles were stacked up on top of each other at the bottom of the pile (last 2 tiles left).
  • With the short times and the potentially unsolvable boards, you will burn through your tools. 
  • You can buy tools too, but with the amount of times you run out of time (extra time costs 500) or have an unsolvable level (randomizer costs 1000) you will burn through it very quickly. I'm currently near the end of set 6 and I've managed to build up about 17000 in money. Having used only tools as rewarded by the completed levels, not buying anything. With 30 gold medals out of 52 levels completed.
  • If you are out of tools and money, and you are stuck on a level, because it keeps giving you an unsolvable puzzle or it's just one of the harder ones with very little time, you're screwed. You just have to restart over and over again until you are lucky enough to be able to complete it with at least a bronze medal. You cannot go back to other levels and farm some money. All you can try is getting better medals on previously completed levels without any tools. I had to delete my save file at level 18 (end of set 2) because I couldn't get through the level at all, and I had been to copious with money and tools.
  • The camera keeps moving to keep the puzzle centered. on later bigger puzzles that sometimes results in tiles no longer being in view, so not selectable. That has screwed me over a couple of times.
  • Selecting a tile and then misclicking just outside of it's identical tile may register on one of the tiles beneath it and deselect the initial tile. This can be very annoying because the selecting with the controller is sluggish, and the tiles can be pretty far apart sometimes.

If you do end up playing it, some tips I've gathered so far.

• Do not use tools for at least the first 2-3 sets.
  • Only use given tools (by completing levels) up to set 5-6. Try to not use any money, because you will likely need a lot of it to get more gold medals for the final trophy.
  • On special tile levels (you only need to clear the hidden tiles), focus on freeing those tiles up so you can remove them. It's easy to fall in the trap of trying to clear as many pieces as possible, but there is not enough time.
  • If you feel like you cannot match something for half a minute, just restart. It's likely there are too few tiles to match for the board to be solvable.
  • Only buy clocks (extra time) and randomizers.
    • Dragon's breath (costs 1500). Remove all occurences of an open tile. It's just too expensive and its use is too limited imo. The ones you get for completing levels can be used in a pinch when playing hidden tile levels.
    • Magnifying glass (costs 50) Shows a match. It is cheap and can be useful in a pinch, but you get a bunch of those for completing levels. Also if you want to complete the later levels, you really need to be able to find the matches yourself.
    • Undo last step (costs 100). You will get loads of that one, and you should not need it that often.
    • Show all free tiles (costs 150). Lights up all free tiles (the ones you can use to match). Same as magnifying glass, find the matches yourself.
  • On bigger levels, if at all possible/feasible for the level, try to clear the edges, so if it zooms, no tiles fall of the screen.
  • If you complete a level just outside of the gold time, just drop clock on it and grab the gold. This can also be used if you are stuck on a level and completed it just after the bronze medal dropped off.
  • Backup your save file so you can reload it if you wasted too many tools.
  • You can also quit out to the Playstation dashboard if you wasted too many tools. The game seems to save after the level is exited.
Edited by Ric
  • Like 3