I need a question answered before I log in again...

ProfSeajay7

I am playing this game on my old account so I can get the platinum for this game as #210 on that account, but there is a question I have involving the Party Finder.

I keep seeing PF entries with this description: "Going for Blue Mage [content], join as role, then swap."

Since the description tab only allows two lines of text, it's difficult to understand what this means. I joined one of these groups as a scholar and they asked me what my role was, so I left. Now, I know about Aetheric Mimicry, which lets a Blue Mage get a role buff similar to that role: Aethering a Tank will give you a Tank Buff that boosts your defense and doing the same with a Healer will give you a healer buff that boosts your healing magic like Pom Cure.

But I don't know what they mean by swapping. You can't swap jobs when you enter a duty, so what does this mean? I just want to know so I know what to expect if I decide to join one of those groups again.

I guess they want you to join the group as a role to let them know which role you wish to cover, then swap to blue mage once you are in the party EDIT: Before the duty starts in case that wasn’t clear.

It will be just to make sure they don’t end up with a party of all DPS blue mages

Edited by SicilianDragon92

As someone who created a lot of PFs with that same description, I confirm what SicilianDragon92 said!

Join as a Tank or Healer and then swap to BLU right after you join the party.

It takes a lot of time otherwise to decide who tanks or heals, and there are usually very few who do... So that takes care of it!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think anyone will see this question as I put it in my old thread but it's one I need to  know before 6.5 drops while I wait for the time I have to chug laxative for a colonscopy. (I'm 50 years old.)

Now that the critically acclaimed MMORPG called FFXIV will include all content up to Level 70 including Stormblood come early October, I plan on doing the Free Trial with only one job to see if it's enjoyable. (I saw a guy put up a video saying he did everything in Free Trial and wonder how enjoyable it will be come the patch when you get the Stormblood content. Stormblood is my favorite expansion and I'm happy new players will get to experience it! ^_^)

The problem is that I may to make a new Square-Enix account using this account's e-mail. I have a Square-Enix account but if I create a new character there, it won't be a Free Trial character so I can't try out the Free Trial. Any advice would be recommended on how to set up a Free Trial account on my PS4. (I won't be using the PS5 version of the game as I will never finish the trophy list for that version on this account - I have a PS5 platinum planned in my last account.) I will delete the copy of FFXIV on my old PS4 account so that I won't accidentally get a paid version FFXIV experience but I heard you could link a free trial account to an established Square-Enix account. Thanks in advance.

22 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I don't think anyone will see this question as I put it in my old thread but it's one I need to  know before 6.5 drops while I wait for the time I have to chug laxative for a colonscopy. (I'm 50 years old.)

Now that the critically acclaimed MMORPG called FFXIV will include all content up to Level 70 including Stormblood come early October, I plan on doing the Free Trial with only one job to see if it's enjoyable. (I saw a guy put up a video saying he did everything in Free Trial and wonder how enjoyable it will be come the patch when you get the Stormblood content. Stormblood is my favorite expansion and I'm happy new players will get to experience it! ^_^)

The problem is that I may to make a new Square-Enix account using this account's e-mail. I have a Square-Enix account but if I create a new character there, it won't be a Free Trial character so I can't try out the Free Trial. Any advice would be recommended on how to set up a Free Trial account on my PS4. (I won't be using the PS5 version of the game as I will never finish the trophy list for that version on this account - I have a PS5 platinum planned in my last account.) I will delete the copy of FFXIV on my old PS4 account so that I won't accidentally get a paid version FFXIV experience but I heard you could link a free trial account to an established Square-Enix account. Thanks in advance.

You can't use the same email, an account is linked to an email address, unless you contact support and they transfer your old account to a different email, you have to create a new account using a new email. As long as you make sure you don't associate any full game licence to that new account, you can continue enjoying the free trial.

17 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

No problem but now I have another question: If I create a free trial account now, will it still work even after they expand it in 6.5? I won't be playing much of it before the update, just creating my character and fixing up my HUD a bit, maybe do the first few quests.

Well... it should still work, but... you do know you are asking about something in the future do you ? 😂

Anyways, I need one more question answered. If you want to PM me the answer if it's obvious, please do so because I feel that I am the only one who doesn't know the answer as I am doing this for the first time.

I am almost ready to complete the Shadowbringers MSQ and I know that I have to do a role quest to completion to get a key item to complete the last part of the MSQ. However, I am doing all the role quests so I want to know something. I'll put it in spoilers:

Spoiler

If I complete all four role quests, which crystal do I give the undersea blacksmith dude? The reason being is that I used a level skip on my Scholar and Gunbreaker so the game considered those role quest completed. I am doing New Game+ to re-enact them to completion but I did do the Caster DPS and Physical DPS role quests legit. Will I give the crystal that Phronesis dropped at the end to the Gerolt counterpart or will it be one of the Syne crystals since I auto-completed the Healer and Tank Role Quests?

The reason I am asking is that on my last character which cleared Endwalker(and got deleted because I felt a little guilty about using him), I completed the Physical DPS role quest and no others and gave the crystal from that to the NPC and I don't want to do that again.