SPOILERS* Trophy & Endings Guide (WIP)

Ravendust

I'll start by saying I really enjoyed this game conceptually. Artwork, characters, story, structure etc were all great imo. The game does a good job of balancing the mundane Victorian London setting with its supernatural elements.

It's a great Remote Play title as only the in-game clock is real-time and could afford a little bit of lag. I did a few blind playthroughs across different routes as there aren't any guides I could find for how to push for specific outcomes.

What I didn't like...trophies didn't sync for the longest time, but this was resolved at the end of last year. That's fixed now, but the trophies themselves are still extremely glitchy and prone to odd behaviours. Case in point, currently only one Platinum on this site!

Some notes on the game structure, from my experiences;

There are 15 named characters in the game (the 'character name trophies' - August to Wallace)

Five of these are also vendors that you can buy from/sell to to build up your money supply.

There are two factions; the Unionists (Proletariat) and the 'Authoritarians' (the rich, powerful & corrupt officials).

Relationships with characters and factions are hidden from the player; there are no magic meters, similar to how Dark Souls handles NPC relationships. Seek them out each day, max out all their available dialogue and complete any quests they throw your way (you'll get some hints each morning, but not all quests are hinted at).

You'll get the character trophies on Day 21 when

Spoiler

the city is about to be destroyed

and you'll have a chance to speak to every character one last time. They'll either give you a long conversation, which unlocks their character trophy, or a single line of dialogue, indicating that you didn't raise your relationship with them to a high enough level.

To that end, you won't get character trophies through the course of the game as you might expect, but you'll get a bunch of them in one go on Day 21.

(the sole exception seems to be Gail, who'll pop mid-playthrough - a glitch.)

I'm not sure if there's enough time each day to max out all friendships in a single playthrough (roughly 15 dialogues and 5 quests a day, plus walking and trading), so I split them into seperate Unionist and Authoritarian playthroughs.

You can generally tell who's who by their attitudes towards each other (i.e. Florence works in the Rich quarter but performs charity and community outreach to the Poor). I'm not sure if a definitive list exists, my guess would be;

Unionist:

Spoiler

Myles Stout, Gail Hoyt, Emily Pearce, Florence Peyton, Lloyd Kingston

Authoritarian:

Spoiler

August Thompson, Dana Allen, Giles Stanbury, Thomas Everett, Wallace Zimmer

Neutral/Self-motivated:

Spoiler

Lucas Weston, Juliet Allen, Harriet Clinton, Doris Chapman, Saul Quinlan

Raising faction rep (anther invisible meter) is done by completing quests for members of that faction, by the dialogue choices you make (usually which traits you side with) and - I believe - donating to either the Orchard projects (Unionist) or City Hall projects (Authoritarian).

Whichever side has the most 'points' by Day 19 will determine the direction of the rest of the playthrough and the final quest given on Day 20 by either Myles Stout (Unionist) or Wallace Zimmer (Authoritarian).

Both questlines demand money from you to complete certain quests, Wallace arguably more-so (he never stops asking for donations).

Some characters also have long questlines that end with their own unique endings, with trophies for those endings. A new menu option, 'Endings', will keep a log of them and let you replay them once done:

Ghosts of a long-lost dream - Flee the city.

Spoiler

Available from Day 1 - just cross the bridge, turn right and walk to the end of the path, and choose to leave, unlocking the ending 'Coward'.

Beneath the shadow of the stellar void - The end.

Spoiler

On Day 21, in the floating end zone, find the bench overlooking the void (near Juliet) and sit on it - this lets you complete the game with no other ending available, aka the 'bad ending', unlocking the ending 'Void'.

Your second birth - Become a creature of the new world.

Spoiler

Max out friendship with Doris, complete quests, bring her three fine corpses (3x400 coins - possibly requiring its own playthrough), complete the surgery, speak to her in the ending zone, unlocking the ending 'Birth'

The Black Pharaoh had summoned you - Follow Harriet's orders.

Spoiler

Max out friendship with Harriet, complete quests, catch her as murderer but keep her secret, complete ritual, complete her two murder requests, speak to her in the ending zone to unlock the ending 'Secrets'

Fully alive for the first time - Love.

Spoiler

Max out friendship with Juliette, choose 'her side' when prompted, romance her, respond to her letters with affection, confess your love, speak to her in the ending zone to unlock the ending 'Love'

Adventure awaits you - Ride the white ship.

Spoiler

I haven't unlocked this yet but the term 'white ship' is used twice in-game in connection to Saul. My guess would be to max out his friendship and also catch the serial killer (Harriet) and turn her in, to prevent his death on Day 15, then keep speaking with him day-to-day until he offers you a place on his ship. 

Written on your skin lays the true metropolis - Save the true city.

Spoiler

I haven't unlocked this yet but my understanding is it's a very specific set of circumstances, linked to the below two trophies, in a dedicated 'perfect playthrough';

Maximise friendship with Juliet (Red) up to the point where she shows you her tattoo, and beyond.

Maximise friendship with Lucas (Blue), buy access to his private library and read the books there.
Maximise friendship with Saul (Yellow) (via daily dialogues, listen to his stories) as far as you can in the first 13(?) days.
Maximise friendship with Wallace to get access to the Church Key / Meet the Master (Day 15?)

Maximise friendship with Saul+Wallace to get access to the Lighthouse Key / Last dialogue with Saul to see his tattoo.
Solve the murder mystery in the Week of Blood (Days 8-14), find every corpse (2-3 a day), corner Harriet, turn her in to the authorities.

Access the Dream City sequence (Day 16?) and get the Silver Key.

Go to La Lumiere (Florence Peyton's shop) and buy white roses for 75 coins.

Meet Juliet at the cemetary and tell her Henry is with you, enabling their final goodbyes.

Leave the City in the same way as the 'Coward' ending.

This needs a lot of testing to confirm the exact path, additional requirements etc.

The Master is waiting for you - Learn the truth.

Spoiler

Unlocked as part of 'Save the true city' - Special event at the Church awarded on Day 15 but not sure about the exact criteria to unlock it. I got it at the same time as Saul's funeral (just leaving the church, re-entering it, and using the key below the altar), during my 'Authoritarian' playthrough, maxing out friendships with those characters and paying Wallace off every time I was prompted. You'll go through the altar via elevator to meet The Master who lives below the church.

Dreaming for the first time - Visit the dream city.

Spoiler

Unlocked as part of 'Save the true city' - Special event during a dream sequence (Day 16-17?) after meeting The Master. You'll need to maximise friendships with Blue (Lucas Weston), Red (Juliet Allen) and Yellow (Saul Quinlan). This is a text-only mini-adventure where you can travel to different areas of The Dream City via pegasus.

Other glitches that I've noticed:

- On PS4, I was limited to one trophy 'pop' per each time I loaded the game. In the endzone I was able to get multiple character trophies, but each time I had to close the game, sync trophies, reload game etc. Keep a cloud backup handy.

- Gail's character trophy popped randomly on Day 7 (Sunday) outside of the theatre, even giving me her end-game dialogue randomly. Trophy stats bear this out, many players seem to have this one so I imagine it's a common glitch.

- As much as I wanted to savescum the various endings (i.e. Harriet, Love AND Void), I couldn't get more than one ending trophy per-playthrough. Not sure if this is because of how it's tracked in-game, or if the criteria for the trophy is different from the criteria for seeing the ending. On one playthrough I failed Harriet's last quest by giving the wrong answers, and still got her ending, but not the trophy.

- I could never access the theatre, with a ticket, on the right day, at the right time (17:30). The dialogue sequence would just repeat until 19:00 at which point I was locked out.

- On Day 16 (I think), you're called to help August 'interrogate' a prisoner. Doing anything other than outright refusing to help ended up in a black screen & reload.

- Thomas Everett never shows up to his own quest at the Top Hat ('A New Cyan'). Spent the whole day going in and out of the building from morning to night. Wasn't a blocker to his trophy though.

• Like 1