Hardest cotton alley dark world level in your opinion?

MemegodOshi

It's hard to say which level is the hardest, as most of the levels have one part that's tough to pull off, making the whole level dangerous. I would say 7–19x is the worst, with a lot of mini jumps and perfectly timed mini jumps in a row at the end to reach Meat Boy. 
Edited by Kimura Takahashi

I personally distrusted level 9 and 8 the most. Just most unpredictable for me. So my personal custom order i wanted to use for the impossible boy cotton alley dark world run, starting from my worst to my easiest were:

9, 8, 14, 19, 20, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13,  15, 16, 10, 11, 17, 18

Edited by esstee11

• 5 months later...
On 8/28/2023 at 9:18 PM, esstee11 said:

I personally distrusted level 9 and 8 the most. Just most unpredictable for me. So my personal custom order i wanted to use for the impossible boy cotton alley dark world run, starting from my worst to my easiest were:

9, 8, 14, 19, 20, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13,  15, 16, 10, 11, 17, 18

ii know this is old but how are you gaining height on Level 9 i cant get past the first fan

19x is mostly only bad because of the bug that causes the blocks to close faster the longer you've played the game.

Even when it gets bad enough you can just turn the game off and back on.

Really, they all get better with practice with the possible exception of the first stage, that one just has a jump that I 

could never seem to completely figure out.

But by far the most annoying for me was the second stage.  The jump up was just plain annoying even once I started mastering it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 3:14 AM, miickomadyoke_- said:

ii know this is old but how are you gaining height on Level 9 i cant get past the first fan

I'm sorry I havent played it in a lot of years, I dont remember the exact button inputs that were needed I used. There will be some trick to it though, just experiment around trying different things, up, down, left, right, different degrees of jump until you find the sweet spot. It's obviously unpredictable as I played that level first every time to get it out the way. It might be described in the chock-filled informative SMB threads on this site or in commentated video guides on YouTube. Sorry I couldnt be more help, good luck 😊

• 1 month later...