Can’t find pearls, am I stuck?

Rated-G

So I’m in Chapter IV of the game, and I got sidetracked and ended up exploring the island and doing all the available races, rock stacking, pearls, trinkets, etc at this time. I unlocked as many cosmetic boxes as I could and did both claw machines. Now I’m trying to continue the story and I need 3 pearls, but I currently only have one left. How am I supposed to proceed? Is there another way to get pearls or get them back?

I think at Chapter IV, you are missing access to one more island way out to the West (Ieji Sinöe) that comes up in chapter V. There are 9 pearls there.

Also, check the shipwreck. Pearls can easily get obstructed by other markers there.

Edited by shadaik

I’ve already cleared all the available points of interest on the map and collected everything that was revealed by those, so it sounds like I have to get those last pearls from the new place.

I was just worried that I might not be able to progress the story because I don’t have enough pearls available right now.

Thank you for confirming there’s more land to unlock!

Okay I think I might actually be stuck though. I’m on the Sculpted Totem quest, and my objective is “Get 3 Pearls for the Coutume with Hunahmi’s Chief” and I have 1 out of 3 pearls, but I don’t have any more pearls to collect at this time. I have 70 of 80 pearls, and it sounds like the last 10 are on a part of the map I don’t unlock until the next chapter.

I can’t find any other information on this kind of issue to see if there’s some kind of workaround or failsafe.

edit: wow I totally missed that there’s an option to skip gameplay segment! I was able to get past it by using that option.

Edited by Rated-G