Hot Date trophy

illumiMatty

13 hours ago, illumiMatty said:

During my second play through I was never able to romance Karlach and I was wondering if it’s possible to go for it during my dark urge run or if I’d need to do another play through 

ehhhh  idk, Dark run concerns helping githyanki and other groups that tend to upset Karlach when you side with them. Of course you could possibly scheme it by playing a little bit of both but her romance is 3 acts long lol.

Again this is just my subjective view, but it might be difficult with how compassionate Karlach is - she's super sensitive to siding with the evil guys haha

It's definitely possible to romance her during a dark urge playthrough. So long as you don't give into too many urges (as murder tends to upset her). It's possible to balance out the urge and romancing Karlach. It really just requires balancing out your decisions. (I can confirm this from my current durge playthrough where she has max approval of my character despite some of my less than savory decisions)

On 9/15/2023 at 7:38 AM, illumiMatty said:

ty 4 the heads up, i'll try to see if i can pull it off during this run 

I guess you are going for the dark urge trophies, so what @Theoretical_Moss posted is not quite true. As far as I know, the dark urge trophies require you to kill Isobel and Alfira, however killing them will lock you out of the Karlach romance. You should also be able to keep them alive and romance karlach, but that will lock you out of the dark urge trophies. Please let us know how it goes.

On 9/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, blackf1re- said:

I guess you are going for the dark urge trophies, so what @Theoretical_Moss posted is not quite true. As far as I know, the dark urge trophies require you to kill Isobel and Alfira, however killing them will lock you out of the Karlach romance. You should also be able to keep them alive and romance karlach, but that will lock you out of the dark urge trophies. Please let us know how it goes.

That is true enough. I don't think Alfira locks you out of the Karlach romance considering she's legit almost impossible to avoid killing (she is essentially a required aspect of the durge story line, though immobilizing her in certain ways causes a different NPC to take her place--there will always be a death like this). The good thing about Isobel though is that a save can be made before killing her, you kill her, take a long rest, and get one of the durge trophies. After that, the save can be rolled back to before killing Isobel. And the good news? Karlach can still be romanced moving forward as the only other durge trophy is a special ending that can still be obtained when resisting the urge through acts 1 and 2 (Karlach will be upset about you giving into the urge in act 3, but it won't matter if all you want is the date).

It's a little scuffed in a way, but it allows for obtaining the durge and Karlach trophies in one playthrough instead of needing two separate playthroughs.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, blackf1re- said:

was able to do it without killing isobel i did hide alfiras body and some point in act 3 u just give into ur urge, duel orin and thats pretty much it. I was able to romance karlach and get the ending for bhaal so long as ur careful you can do those if u missed them during a previous run.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 12:01 AM, Theoretical_Moss said:

That is true enough. I don't think Alfira locks you out of the Karlach romance considering she's legit almost impossible to avoid killing (she is essentially a required aspect of the durge story line, though immobilizing her in certain ways causes a different NPC to take her place--there will always be a death like this). The good thing about Isobel though is that a save can be made before killing her, you kill her, take a long rest, and get one of the durge trophies. After that, the save can be rolled back to before killing Isobel. And the good news? Karlach can still be romanced moving forward as the only other durge trophy is a special ending that can still be obtained when resisting the urge through acts 1 and 2 (Karlach will be upset about you giving into the urge in act 3, but it won't matter if all you want is the date).

It's a little scuffed in a way, but it allows for obtaining the durge and Karlach trophies in one playthrough instead of needing two separate playthroughs.

Ahh very good infos, thank you! I also need the dark urge trophies and the hot date trophy, so that might come in handy.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, vividamage123 said:

If I missed hanging out with her during the emerald cove festivities, did I lock myself out of the romance? I did the infernal iron stuff. I'm also trying to do hot date with the dark urge 

Nope, you should be fine. Emerald Grove festivities exist as a way to guarantee obtaining certain romance scenes with characters, but these moments can be obtained before or after the festivities so long as your relationship is high enough. You just need to show interest in/be agreeable with the character and they should approach you with the initial romance scene during one of your long rests (it's sometimes easier to get these by accident than intentionally avoid these, much to the dismay of some while focusing on one romance).

So long as Karlach approaches you to talk during one of your long rests, all should be good.

My first play through was able to romance all my team mates during Emerald Grove festivities, but my second dark urge play through, I gave Karlach the first upgrade and relationship level is high, in Emerald Grove festivities, she refused me and I slept alone at that night. I thought this playthrough was done and I was not able to get the trophy.  Later I think this caused by some patches of this game as some reddit posts indicates Larian nerfed some romance scenes.

However, after ACT II and I gave Karlach the second upgrade, during the long rest, the romance scene occurred and I was able to get the trophy after I arrived at Bauldar's gate in ACT III. The trick is don't talk to anyone else during Emerald Grove festivities even Karlach refused you. Do a couple of long rests after you entered into last light inn and before you do the second upgrade. 

Edited by Da_tie_gun_zi

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jorr1313 said:

So I missed talking with Dammon and doing the infernal armor before defending the grove and he's gone now. Can I find him later in the game to do the quest or am I locked out of Romancing Karlach now?

You'll be able to find Dammon at Last Light Inn in act 2 of the game (the shadow-cursed lands). You can't be locked out of romancing Karlach unless you fail to help her before finishing up act 2.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2023 at 11:32 PM, Theoretical_Moss said:

You'll be able to find Dammon at Last Light Inn in act 2 of the game (the shadow-cursed lands). You can't be locked out of romancing Karlach unless you fail to help her before finishing up act 2.

So sorry to necro this thread but I also missed Damon in the first act. I just got to act 2, gave him both iron and only had the option to touch her, not kiss her. Am I doomed?

• Like 1

I'm in act 3 and she doesn't offer me a date, I've gotten along well with her, I've hit her with irons twice, in act 2 I didn't give her a kiss, but I hugged her, I don't understand what I have to do for this achievement... and it seems to me that I no longer have the option to get the achievement in this race.
  • Like 2

You should have kissed her, then afterwards when going to camp you would sleep together, and so the romance continues until the act 3 when she invites you to a date. I also got locked out of the trophy my first playthrough