The Celestial Map not unlocking

Niilismo

I just got my last constellation and the trophy didn't pop. I don't know what caused this, the only thing I can think of is that I unlocked Master Chef at the end of the playthrough, so maybe that made the game skip the check for Celestial Map for some reason. I tried beating the game again hoping it would force a recheck and unlock the trophy, but no luck.

I'll try restoring my cloud save from before I got the last constellation and redo it, hopefully it unlocks this time.

Welp, I don't know why, but on a whim I tried doing one more solo playthrough, not really aiming for any particular constellation, and when I finished it the trophy popped. I earned 3 constellations for that playthrough, one of them being Silkhood, which I think I'd only gotten once before. So my best guess is that, like the cooking and ingredient trophies, the game sometimes fails to register constellations as unlocked even though they're visible from the main menu, and when I earned Silkhood a second time it finally registered properly and unlocked the trophy.

Whatever the explanation is, I'm relieved I won't have to redo the whole game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 11:26 AM, Niilismo said:

I just got my last constellation and the trophy didn't pop. I don't know what caused this, the only thing I can think of is that I unlocked Master Chef at the end of the playthrough, so maybe that made the game skip the check for Celestial Map for some reason. I tried beating the game again hoping it would force a recheck and unlock the trophy, but no luck.

I'll try restoring my cloud save from before I got the last constellation and redo it, hopefully it unlocks this time.

How did you get the constellations? I have done the correct traits but all i get is the same constellations that I have

You can only earn one trait-based constellation per player per run, and for some unfathomably idiotic reason the game prioritizes the one-trait constellations. The only way to force the game to give you the two-trait constellations is to do 3 player runs: since the game doesn't allow any two players to earn the same constellation at the end of a run, if all 3 players have the exact same 2 (and only 2) traits, the game will award two of the players each of the one-trait constellations and the third player will get the two-trait constellation. See this Steam post for an example.