Mighty No. 9 in 2D Mega Man style game

sweeping-lamp3

For anyone who is like me - who never knew or was part of this game's Kickstarter history and bought the game because they heard it was a spiritual successor of Mega Man - then abandoned it because it was not what they expected - there is a game called Gal*Gunvolt Burst.

I never heard of the Gunvolt series.  I only played the game because it was leaving PS Plus this coming October.  In my opinion, Gal*Gunvolt Burst is what I expected Mighty No. 9 should have been.  It is a crossover game between the Gunvolt series, Mighty No.9, and the Gal*Gun series.  However, it uses the Mighty Numbers and their stage concepts in a 2D Mega Man style game.

I don't know why the game does not reference Mighty No. 9 in its title, which didn't give me any indication it was associated at all to Mighty No. 9.  It was only when I started playing the game I saw the connection to Mighty No. 9.  I was blown away by this game.  If you want to experience what Mighty No. 9 would have been like in a 2D Mega Man style game I recommend you try Gal*Gunvolt Burst.

• 5 months later...