Tips/Tricks/Cheats for Mahjong?

R6S_RamboHero

I've just finished the story (I really liked it), and then, since I always read about the infamous Mahjong minigame, I tried to accomplish the 3 challenges of the KamuroGO city section, and DAMN, I couldn't understand a 💩!

I've only managed to do the "Win with an Haneman" achievement but I used the Nine Gates tile following a step-by-step guide on YT. Seems I'll have to spit blood for those 3 achievements especially for the "Three Colour Straight".

I think it would be good to use at least other 2 cheats items to get the other 2 objectives but they cost really too much! And it's hard to get enough Skill Points...

This Mahjong thing scared the shit out me when I first saw it 😰

So: any tips? Everything will be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I grinded out enough money to buy all the items to get myself enough SP to buy a few cheat items for things like beating harder tables for those missions.

For the actual "win with X" or "win X number of times" I actually had to learn to play Japanese (richi) mahjong... which until I went and learned via YouTube I didn't know was different than Chinese mahjong. 

I found a few tips here and there, but what I picked up and learned was to never pon, cho, kan (or whatever they are... it's been a minute). Always just play for the full closed hand, pay attention to what you opponents have put down, just like poker (you want to have a running dots but the number you need has already been discarded two or three times? Abandon ship and try for something else.)

I also got into the habit of whenever I could declare richi I would, let the game auto discard things until the piece I needed hopefully came up... seed to make things go a bit faster.

It really came down to learning, playing patiently, being ok with losing hands, saving between games, and time. All the specific missions were done well before I completed the "win 50 hands" mission.

• 4 months later...

i'm doing this part right now and i give up farming sp enough to buy 50 nine gates tile, i think i bought 15 but i don't know what the deal with the difficult, i'm playing in the easy table and most time the cpu richii before turn 5 and ruin my game.

I am winning a few times but only with ron and i got 3 times the full straight color without aming for that ._.

I don't hate this mini game but they could put just winning 5 times.

Anyway, this game is great, good luck for everybody trying this!

Edited by demetriogaleano1

• 1 month later...