Can I get some of the combat related trophies from the main trophy list to pop while playing Blood and Wine DLC?

here4headshots

Basically, the title explains my question. But just in case it sounds like a dumb question (it still may be), I did want to point out that the DLC is implemented differently than most. When I start the DLC it treats me like I'm staring a whole new game. Nothing from my original playthrough carried over. They basically said, "you're probably at around level 34, and have about 44 ability points, so take this and have fun with your new estimated inventory and reduced potions, oils, bombs, and decoctions." So, it would not surprise me if the trophy lists are separate and distinct from one another.

So can I get the combat and gwent related trophies in either, or any, of the DLCs? Besides the missable trophies anyway. 

I'd recommend using a save from the base game personally. Then you're guaranteed to get base game trophies in the DLC. I never went straight into the DLC so I don't know if anything or area of the world is blocked off from exploration. If any part of the base game is blocked off, it's probably a safe bet you won't be able to get gwent trophies as a number of people you have to challenge for cards are from the base game. Obviously you can get the gwent trophy associated with Blood & Wine though, and there is one trophy specifically in B&W related to gwent.

If I had to make a guess, you won't be able to get the gwent trophies from the base game just doing the DLC as a lot of it is story-related and just doing DLC they probably are having you focus on it and won't be able to do base game story missions, but you should still be able to get combat trophies just doing the DLC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

I never went straight into the DLC so I don't know if anything or area of the world is blocked off from exploration.

I never went straight into the DLC either. I played the campaign and beat the story while picking up trophies here and there. If I can play B&W and pick up the rest of the trophies (edit: I know I can't get em all in the DLC), that would be way more efficient with the new abilities and gear than going back to clean up from a prior save file. 

I'll try tonight and come back and answer the question definitively for future folks. 

Edited by here4headshots

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2023 at 6:32 PM, here4headshots said:

I never went straight into the DLC either. I played the campaign and beat the story while picking up trophies here and there. If I can play B&W and pick up the rest of the trophies (edit: I know I can't get em all in the DLC), that would be way more efficient with the new abilities and gear than going back to clean up from a prior save file. 

I'll try tonight and come back and answer the question definitively for future folks. 

Yes, you can obtain combat related trophies in the B&W DLC.