Boni and the Sexy, Holy Quest for the 100%

Boni_Neto

Devil May Cry 2

spacer.png

So, I'm feeling a sour taste in my mouth. Devil May Cry 2 is not a good game. It's playable, but it's totally different from the first one. The mechanics are god awful, it's hard to combo, the story is bad, and the scenarios are just a mishmash of brown, gray or green tiles. One good thing is, Dante looks the coolest in this game - I think. Other than that, it's easy to see why this is the black sheep of the series.

As for the trophies, they were mostly super easy. With the farming method presented in the guide, I was able to have a full inventory, so the Must Die mode was very trivial - easier than the one in the first game. However, there was a storm on the horizon, and the storm was called Bloody Palace. Good God, what a disgusting mode. I tried to do it legit, I really did, but I only got to floor 2,000 and something before I realized I was never going to reach 9,000 on my own, so I used the infinite devil trigger cheat with Trish to cheese this.

I feel bad about it. But here's the thing. This mode is really unfair. Either you do it with everything you got in one sitting, or you fail. There are no green orbs or any other health items that could be dropped by enemies as far as I know. It's basically 90 levels of pure masochism without any help from the game. But honestly, even if I had a full inventory, I don't think I'd have made it. Especially with Trish - whose DT's bar has the slowest regeneration I've ever seen in a game, it was just not doable to me.

I reckon the strategy here is to try to kill the bosses because there are fewer enemies on screen and then go to a floor with minions, so you can regenerate your DT and your health in a more calm battle, but I just don't have the patience or sanity to keep pressing square like crazy for 5 hours or so. When I played with the cheat on, I realized that after floor 3,500, the bosses no longer are aided by minions, so it's possible that I could've made it, had I really REALLY tried, although I'm not 100% sure (I'm thinking about some bosses having 1 baziliion kajillion HP, so I don't know). Problem is... this game does not deserve our struggle. Like the wise Caddicarus once said when platinum-ing Crash Bandicoot 4: If you expect perfection from me, I expect perfection from you, game.

So, I may have made a mistake trying to platinum-ing this series. I got the platinums for the first and the second game, but from now own, there's the "complete all levels with S rank" bullshit, plus new Bloody Palaces. I want to believe that this particular Bloody Palace was terrible because Devil May Cry 2 in general is a terrible game, because if the BP in DMC3, 4 and 5 are just like that, I'm fucked. I won't have any cheats to rely on. I may have truly endangered my 100% profile.

Up next: Devil May Cry 3 (God help me)

Edited by Boni_Neto

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Devil May Cry 3

spacer.png

And here we are. I hope you had nice holidays. I had, thanks for asking, but this platinum almost shat on it. I had only played DMC3 once in my life, and that was 12 years ago or something, and if there was one thing that had survived in my memory from that time is how HARD this game is. I'm not joking, I started playing it on Normal, and it felt so difficult that I couldn't possibly imagine how I would be able to finish hard, very hard and Dante Must Die. So, I decided to take the longest path and farm orbs and items to help me.

Eventually, I managed to finish the game on Normal and Hard. Next, I decided to throw my arms up in the air and say "what the hell". Instead of playing Very Hard, I went straight to Dante Must Die. And it almost made me cry. Nonetheless, I was supposed to be a devil, so the possibility of crying wouldn't come to fruition. The first half of the game was pretty manageable, but after the second half, all the items that I had farmed, started to evaporate. I was only left with 8 Large Vital Stars to face Vergil, and boy, that math was precise...

After that, I unlocked the Legendary Dark Knight costume with infinite Devil Trigger, and cleared the Bloody Palace. Then, I went back to the campaign, and finished it on Very Hard, the last difficulty that I needed. Next was to get S rank in all missions, which I did - surprise, surprise - through the cheapest method possible: LDK costume + DT explosion + Quicksilver to slow time. It was pretty easy. Finally, all that was left was the clean-up.

Overall, Dante Must Die was very unforgiving, and the hardest part of the platinum. Originally, I was going to try to platinum all 5 games in a row. But here is thing... all the trophies related to the hardest stuff that remains in the future games, like Bloody Palace and S Ranking, were mostly obtained through in-game exploits. And this concerns me. A lot. Because I found myself struggling to get S, SS and SSS combos. The enemies move too fast, and sometimes they are pure bullet sponges. And honestly, it was so hard to keep the meter going, I just didn't have the agility and expertise to do all those different combos and all.

I hear that Devil May Cry 4 is the hardest of the bunch; something that may make some people go insane. So, how I am supposed to beat this thing if I had to resort to cheap tricks that are not available in the following games? And this is why I'm considering to give up on Devil May Cry. In the third game, all I had to do was to get S ranks on Easy. But in DMC4 I have to get it in all the difficulties available. How? I don't know. For now, I'll have some rest. I know for sure that if I try to tackle DMC4 right now, I will be one sorry bastard.

Anyway, overall, I like this series very much. Despite the hard moments, it was great to have the platinum of all three classic games. Who knows, maybe one I'll have them all...

Up next: Devil May Cry 4

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Devil May Cry 4

spacer.png

Previously on this topic…

Me: I hear that Devil May Cry 4 is the hardest of the bunch; something that may make some people go insane. So, how I am supposed to beat this thing if I had to resort to cheap tricks that are not available in the following games? And this is why I'm considering to give up on Devil May Cry.

Jack Bauer: Put the platinum down!

Me: I'll do it, just don't shoot me, mister, okay???

So, I'm not the most sane person when it comes to play safe with some stuff (some, not everything, ok?), and my 100% profile is one of those things. Even if the game is insanely hard, I'm crazy enough to bet it if I like it. And surprisingly enough, I didn't fail this time. As stated above, I was very much afraid of Devil May Cry 4. People say it's the boogeyman of the series. But… I didn't find that to be true at all. Sure, getting S rank in 5 increasingly hard difficulties seems like a Herculean task, but it isn't, really. It's not that the game is hard per se, it just beats you by making you tired and by throwing some bullshits now and then (the blue flower thingy from mission 14 comes to mind). The game is horribly designed, the last 10 levels is just you running back through all the previous 10 levels, only making the reverse way (talk about some padding out), but overall, it's not hard, it's exhausting.

It wasn't the horror movie that people make out to seem on the internet. It's pretty easy to get S ranks. Most of the time, I was getting S ranks on my very first try. The number of requirements in relation to previous games was toned down. For example, in the past games, one of the requirements needed to get an S rank was to finish the level without receiving any damage. Another was to not use any items. These two requirements were taken out from DMC4. Instead, they work now as bonus or penalties that help multiply your score, but it's not dependent on them anymore. Now, you only have to worry about time (which is comically lenient in this game), orbs (not the greatest requirement, but if you watch some YouTube videos, you can memorize where they are, plus the repetition of the levels makes it easy to go straight to them right away, so there is that) and, of course, Style points that you get by defeating enemies with nice combos.

Now, when it comes to combos, I suck. I suck sooooo bad. But it seems like the platinum gods smiled upon me once again. The game offers you a campaign with two super easy characters to achieve S ranks in Style: Lady and Trish. For Lady, you can spam her level 3 pistols' charged shot the entire damn game and get an S. Nothing else is needed. For Trish (whom you control from level 12 to level 18), you are required to learn a few combos, but nothing too complicated, except, ironically enough, on the Easy mode (Human mode), because the enemies die superfast, and you have to be a little creative to reach S rank.

The other challenge was the Bloody Palace, I had never beaten it on the previous games legitimately, so I was super worried, because despite the fact that I could cheese it with super costumes for Nero, Dante and Vergil, Lady and Trish didn't have any super costumes. With Lady, it wasn't a problem, like I said, level 3 pistols' charged shot solves everything, and with a bit of camera manipulation, so the enemies don't aggro too much, it was child's play. Trish, on the other hand, was a trial by fire. I failed 4 times before I could finally beat BP with her (once in level 89, another in 98, and, somehow, my controller didn't fly away), but you know what? I found it pretty satisfying, because I had finally beaten a BP without any outside help. Nero, despite his super costume, was super hard for me too, but in the end, it all worked out.

Now, to Devil May Cry 5. People say it's a little less difficult than DMC4, because that game has checkpoints that you can exploit, also a super weapon for Dante called Dr. Faust or something like that, plus all the characters in Bloody Palace have super costumes. The only thing that makes me worried is that, unlike in DMC4, in 5 I WILL have to rank S on Hell and Hell, which doesn't allow checkpoints and kills you in one hit against enemies with Son of Sparda characteristics. Oh, well, we'll see. I've done some really hard games in my trophy hunter career, perhaps I'm up to the challenge with this next one. It would be nice to finish the series (I'm still thinking if I'll do the reboot or not).

On a side note, I'm loving my profile with all DMC lined up, looks beautiful.

On a second side note, I loved my platinum picture for this one hehehehe (despite the game clearly taking the piss out of me -_-', yes, I know I need to get out more)

Up next: Devil May Cry 5

Edited by Boni_Neto

• 3 weeks later...

Devil May Cry 5

spacer.png

It's done. The Devil May Cry series was the last obstacle that one day made me doubt that I could keep my 100% profile. Naturally, there are many games out there that could threaten it, but all superhard games that interest me were already played and conquered. Now, all that's left are medium or easy games. Eventually, I will play the original Metal Gear Solid trilogy, but I don't think they are as hard as the DmC series. God, I hope not.

Now to the game. It's the best of the series, but it was, indeed, the hardest platinum. I took 12 days to get it. The biggest challenge was the Dante Must Die mode. But even that mode was like a professor for Hell and Hell. It forced you to play well and kill the bosses without getting hit too much. I hate that Capcom keeps putting those trophies where you have to rank S on all difficulties. The logic tells that if you got S rank on DMD and HaH, you will obviously get in on easier difficulties, so they could have spared the player from so many playthroughs... but like I said, each difficulty was preparing you for the next. So, in a way, I get it. I don't like it. But I get it.

The game has three playable characters, Dane, Nero and V. Nero was where I struggled a bit, because he was the only character that couldn't cheese his way through the level, so I had to actually learn how to play him. But it was fun. I liked the Devil Arms system. As for Dante, I loved how many weapons he has at his disposal, so it was always easy to build good combos, and that's something that annoyed me with Nero, who demanded more creativity than just switching weapons. The easiest one to play was V, he sold S, SS and SSS combos like water, and it was an interesting take to have a weak character having to rely on his demon pets.

The graphics are pretty good, it's one of the strong aspects of the game, but the scenarios, especially inside the demon tree, felt so repetitive, and reminded of the lack of creativity that the devs had on DmC4. But it's a solid entry, the soundtrack rocks.

Anyway, it's February, and I started this journey in December. I didn't play anything else. I'm tired of DmC and I won't play it again in the foreseeable future, I just can't take it anymore, especially after two insane platinums back to back. And this is why I won't be playing the reboot. At least not for now. It's not a priority, I'm too worn out. On the good side, now I have all 5 games lined up on my profile. It's nice to see it like that.

On a side note, I decided to buy 1 month of PS Plus, and now I'll be able to get the DLC trophies for Tails of Iron and recover my 100%.

I'm still not sure what I'll play next. I'll have to rest for a few days. But more likely than not, it's going to be either God of War 2018 or Assassin's Creed: Origins.

Phew

Up next: God of War

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

God of War

spacer.png

I remember the first time I played God of War back on the PS2 in 2005, and I remember I was blown away. Being a fan of Greek mythology myself, the game was everything I could ask for. Everything was great. The graphics, the protagonist, the story, the soundtrack. Truly one of the greats of the PS2 era. Fast-forward almost 20 years, and here I am playing the soft reboot on my PS4. And damn, it's so different. You may already know that, but for some reason, the devs decided to drop the hack 'n slash aspect of the franchise, and turn it into something more familiar to games like Horizon and The Last of Us. Speaking of which, when I started playing the game, up until half of it, I couldn't stop but to think that I was basically playing a carbon copy of The Last of Us with a teaspoon of Dark Souls here and there. That impression actually left a sour taste in my mouth, and I thought that, despite the great graphics, the easy controls, the easy mechanics, the soundtrack, and everything else, I was going to hate the game after all.

It didn't happen, though. It was saved by the bell by the second half of the game. That's when Atreus, who started annoying, and became insufferable as soon as he discovers the truth about himself, began to behave like a likeable character. I kid you not, one more scene or dialogue with him being a bitch and I wouldn't be writing good stuff about this game. I know, I know, he is supposed to be a kid, and kids can be sometimes annoying, but he was constantly and that threw me off a little bit.

But honestly, that's my gravest complaint about the game, everything else works, and by the time I was in the final battle, I was cheering for the father and son. It's a touching story, and I liked the final plot twist, and I'm eager to see where it goes, since they left a few doors opened. I, however, won't be playing Ragnarök right away. After 5 Devil May Crys, I need variation. I probably won't be doing any franchise in a row for a very long time (if I ever do that again).

Trophy-wise, the game is nice. There aren't too many trophies and no DLC trophies (thank Zeus), and most of them came naturally. Even the Valkyries weren't too much of trouble once I got a decent armor and upgraded my character. Granted, I played on easy, but after two months of DmC, I earned it. I just wanted to enjoy the story and gather one more nice plat. And that was it. It's a very good game, and I'm happy I got the plat.

Up next: Assassin's Creed: Origins

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Assassin's Creed: Origins

spacer.png

Back to Assassin's Creed, this time it was Egypt's turn to be explored. Visually speaking, it's an incredible game. The map size is also nice, with lots of stuff to see. On the other hand, that means hundred of collectibles and side missions. The volume of stuff to do was just a bit too much, but just a bit. I didn't have many complaints about this game. The only ones I can think of are the fact that you cannot face any enemy unless you have — at least — 3 levels of difference. Any other scenario and you'll be instakilled.

That was annoying as hell because it prevents the player from exploring the map until much later on, which is something that even games like Dark Souls won't throw at you (even if you are super low leveled, you can still explore and try to fight harder enemies). I also disliked the amounts of camps and strongholds you must invade. The kill-the-captain-open-the-chests routine got tiresome really fast.

Other than that, it's a great game. It's the best Assassin's Creed since Black Flag. The controls are great (mostly because the parkour is barely existent, and God knows how much I used to explode trying to parkour in the previous games, with the character always doing stuff that I didn't want to do and never doing what I actually wanted to do), the story is interesting, but, as always, the present day stuff is utterly boring. As for the trophies, everything was super easy, didn't have any difficulties. The hardest part was just clearing the whole map. The repetition of stuff (strongholds, animals, chests) beats you cruelly.

Anyway, great addition to the series, I hope that Odyssey is equally good or even better, but I won't be playing it right away. I have a few other games to take care off, and the next one is probably going to take some time to reach the plat.

Up next: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

spacer.png

Disclaimer: So, when I went back to the Final Fantasy series with XII, I wasn't aware that it would have a “bloody palace” mode. I mean, never a Final Fantasy had anything like that. Thus, after platinum'ing five Devil May Cry's in a row, this seemed like a bad joke from the cosmos. So, I beg you… Please, NO MORE!

Ok, now, back to the game. The Zodiac Age was the last PS4 Final Fantasy that I needed (excluding the pixel remaster series, which I will tackle in due time) from the main series. After spending six months farming for XIV, I was happy to go back to an old school FF with a more “linear” approach. Surprised I was when I found out that XIV took so much from XII. There are so many elements in the game that reminded of A Realm Reborn. From the floating dotted lines that separate areas to the screen maps, and so on.

I was, however, much more surprised to realized how much Final Fantasy XII takes from Star Wars. I did some research, and I wasn't the only one who noticed that Balthier is supposed to be a Han Solo copy, aided by his loyal furry friend (in this case, the hot Fran instead of Chewie), we have the humble kid from the desert who ends up fighting against an empire, then we have the princess who was supposed to be a fragile girl, but turns out to be a strong warrior. I mean, it's all in there. I guess these guys really love Star Wars.

Not to say that this is a bad thing, Final Fantasy XII can fly with its own wings. The characters are pretty great, the locations are really fun (except for the Great Crystal, because fuck the Great Crystal), the soundtrack is also great (and sometimes reminds me A LOT of John Williams' score for Star Wars), the bosses are fun (excluding some bullet sponges like Yiazmat), and the gameplay is also interesting with the gambits system, which may seem complicated at first, but very useful along the way. Sadly, I can't praise the plot and the villains. The story sounds like your regular Final Fantasy, with the bad guy trying to conquer the world, while some warriors of light try to stop him/her. But that's Final Fantasy, so I'm not sure how fair I can be in judging the story. Another thing that I disliked was how the monsters are so repetitive, I swear to God there was one that had like 5 or 6 variations, with the only thing different being their colors and some powers…

But overall, it was fun. It was one of the best Final Fantasy that I've played. The trophies were mostly easy - except for the trial mode that required some farming and some research, and that damn bestiary trophy that took me ages to get. Anyway, I already saved my game for a New Game+ that I plan to start someday. Very good game indeed.

Up next: The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

Edited by Boni_Neto

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

spacer.png

Three dark pictures down, one to go. I have to say that, between Man of Medan and House of Ashes, I can't decide which one I like the most. I have a soft spot for ghost legends, and I already knew about the Ourang Medan legend long before the game was made, but here's the thing: House of Ashes is almost perfect as a narrative game. The characters are great, the story is great, the setting is great, the secrets, and the plot twists are also great.

The biggest slam dunk that Supermassive scored with this game was the relationship between Salim and the others. There's always something charming about stories that bring the “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” motto to the table, like the movies Enemy Mine and X-Men 2. So, it's always interesting to see how characters' relations evolve or turn 180º. As for the story, I won't say much for spoiler’s sake, but I love how Supermassive keeps one setting so different from the other in these games.

The trophies were pretty easy as well. I got 1/3 just by playing it blindly. After the first blind playthrough, I was so satisfied with the game, that I decided to try it again without looking for the trophies, just to get some different story results. Overall, it was pretty great. Jason and Salim rock. They were the representation of the philosophy that under the right circumstances, we can all be brothers, despite our nationality. Can't wait to play The Devil in Me, but it'll have to wait a little while (but not that much).

Up next: Resident Evil 2

• Like 1

Resident Evil 2

spacer.png

One more Resident Evil to the bag. After RE7 and RE8, I was kind of used to the first person gameplay, but it was quite refreshing to go back to the series roots. I never played the original, but the remake is simply beautiful... and somewhat short, I think, even with two campaigns. Nonetheless, I have almost nothing bad to see about this game. The graphics are beautiful -- I'll be forever in love with Claire, which has always been my favorite RE character --, the gameplay is outstanding, the puzzles are fun (although not very original sometimes), and the experience is very entertaining.

As for the trophies, we have the Resident Evil trademarks: finish the game without using the item box or healing, and, of course, the speedruns. With the proper preparation, however, they weren't much of a challenge. I can only think of one session that could kill some runs (the sewers). Funny enough, the DLCs trophies were the ones that gave me some trouble (and also the Hunk mission). Sometimes, they felt so unfair. Dozens and dozens of zombies, and you have absolutely no way to dodge the attacks, you can only hope you are running with some safe distance. The lack of dodging is probably my biggest complaint. Apparently that was fixed in RE3, so I'm excited about that. Still, I wish Capcom had released an update to fix the issue. It's truly frustrating sometimes. The other thing that I can think of is how enemies are such bullet sponges in Hard difficulty. I understand bosses tanking damage, but a regular zombie taking several shots to the head and not dying is just bizarre.

Doesn't matter. These little cons don't spoil the experience. The good things are in much bigger numbers than the bad things. It's been quite a journey, but I'm starting to feel sad. The only games from the series that remain untouched by me are, now, the remakes of RE3 and RE4. I will definitely not play the onlne game that comes with RE3, I hate these kinds of games, so I'll just leave it alone. Anyway, that is all, RE2 is a wonderful game, and I'll replay it with joy in the future.

Up next: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

• 3 weeks later...

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

spacer.png

I took 19 days to get 100% on this game, playing it almost every single day. If that doesn't tell you that this game is unnecessarily long, I don't know what else will. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey is a good game. It has a huge map, a nice story, and for the first time — as far as I remember — your decisions can affect the world and characters around you, which is a feature that I very much like.

The graphics are also impressive and beautiful to look at, and the gameplay is also excellent once you understand the fighting mechanics. The story takes place way before Origins, making this the first entry in the series, chronologically speaking. You can choose between two characters, but from what I have researched, Kassandra is the canon one, and she would be my choice either way, because I love playing with girl characters. The actress who does her voice, does a superb job, and overall, I felt like the story belonged to Kassandra and not her brother anyway. Speaking of story, much to my surprise, the present day sections didn't suck so bad this time, and I'm eager to see where Layla's journey will take her.

I would, however, like very much to write a FUCK YOU to Ubisoft for hiding the true ending of the game behind a DLC. Honestly, Ubisoft, fuck you.

As for the stuff I didn't like, the only big thing that deserves a mention was the length of the game, like I suggested at the beginning. It's just too big. There are so many quests, sidequests and locations to explore, that you get tired. In comparison, I was able to 100% Origins' maps in 12 days, but with Odyssey, I just didn't have the energy to go there. Which brings me to a decision that I have made: there are a few games left in my list, including Valhalla. I played Origins in February, and Odyssey only two months later. I'm exhausted. I had no idea these last Assassin's Creed games would ask so much of the player. Because of that, I will suspend Valhalla for a very long time. I don't care if I complete all the other games that I still have left. It's decided. Maybe in August, I'll come back to it. Another reason is that I still haven't bought the Dawn of Ragnarök DLC (because of course Ubisoft would throw a bajillion kajillion DLCs), so I wouldn't be able to complete it 100%. In the future, when it has a better price to me, I will take care of it.

Apart from that, it's a nice game. Regarding the trophies, there wasn't much of trouble, except for their numbers: 94. Ninety-fucking-four trophies. This 100% hunt was more tiresome than hard. But I'm glad I'm one step closer to finishing the Assassin's Creed series.

Up next: The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me

Posted (edited)

The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me

spacer.png

I'm fascinated with good narrative games, and thus, I bought the entire season one of The Dark Pictures Anthology (yes, because the latest trend for games is to have “seasons”). The series is really fun for horror fans and covers many genres and ideas that are sure to entertain. The Devil in Me was the last of those games (for now), and it tackles the slasher genre with many homages and tropes (even some that are cliché). The story follows a group of documentary filmmakers who are invited to visit a replica of the infamous Murder Castle, originally created by America's first serial killer in record, H.H. Holmes, situated on an isolated island (nothing suspicious), and film an episode for their show there. Alas, the protagonists need this gig, or their true-crime show is over. The host of the place is the mysterious Mr. Du'Met, who soon reveals that the group is in for more than a documentary.

I thought that the premise was pretty amazing. So far, Supermassive Games has been putting its characters into some fascinating settings, like a huge ghost ship, an abandoned ghost town and a cave full of bloodthirsty creatures. Out of them all, a replica of H.H. Holmes' murder hotel surely seemed the most exciting one. In reality, thought, I found myself getting bored really fast with the repetition of the same corridors over and over again, a trap that Holmes, in real life, used to confuse his victims. I don't think Supermassive is to blame there. I mean, what can you do? Besides, only a portion of the game is dedicated to those corridors, so it's fine. The rest of the scenarios are cool and diverse, and the graphics follow the Supermassive pattern of being truly decent (it's a small company, after all).

Sadly, the cast and the story are not their greatest creations. I dare say it's the weakest cast of the series (that demerit almost went to the lame love triangle in House of Ashes, which was saved by the amazing brotherhood between my boys Salim and Jason, the best characters in the entire series). Funny thing is, the cast is not annoying or lame, they are just not interesting. Charlie, the British leader of the group, is the one who comes closer to have an intriguing persona, the others are just the normal everyday people you would meet, with not much to highlight their presence. The villain, who never speaks, à la Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers, is also not very captivating, and his identity is easily predicted by the clues that you get in the first third of the game. I'm not sure if it was ever Supermassive's intention of it being a plot twist, but… While the premise is great, the execution of the narrative is not the best, but the overall planning of the paths that the protagonists travel is very well done.

In the end, The Devil in Me is a fine addition to the series. It could've been a lot better if they had the same care with the characters that they had in House of Ashes. It's funny that horror filmmakers bet so much on gore and blood, while the greatest aspect of any horror story is the relationship between the characters and how they behave without insulting the audience's intelligence.

As for the trophies, this was the easiest Dark Pictures to platinum. I took only 2 days to get it. Fortunately enough, they got rid of those trophies where you either have to play the entire game only choosing HEART decisions or MIND decisions, which forced you to play it twice just for those trophies. So it was a lot faster. I recommend the game for any horror fan, even if you never played a Dark Pictures before. Now, I will patiently wait for Directive 8020.

Up next: Resident Evil 3

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 1

Resident Evil 3

spacer.png

And there it is. Resident Evil 3's platinum is mine. A good game with good graphics, although extremely short. In my last playthrough (Inferno), I was able to complete it in 1 hour and 9 minutes. Granted, I was using the infinite rocket launcher, but still, even if I wasn't cheesing it, the game would have, most likely, less than 5 hours of gameplay. That was, indeed, my only BIG complaint about it.

It's not better than Resident Evil 2, but it's a very decent remake. Its strength, however, lies basically on the graphics, the voice acting and its cinematic feel; other than that, it's pretty inferior to RE2. The puzzles are — I swear to God — probably the most unoriginal and unimaginative I've ever seen in 30 years of gaming. In many cases, the solution to the puzzle is right inside the room, be it a key card or a wirecutter.

I really don't know what else to say about the game. It's good, but not excellent, it somehow felt like an expansion of RE2, especially because it uses the RCDP scenario again (although it's interesting to think that Claire and Leon missed Carlos' presence by mere hours). As for the trophies, they were very, very similar to the ones from RE2, which isn't a bad thing per se, since many of these trophies are Resident Evil's trademarks since the beginning of trophy times.

Nothing was particular hard, except for the final fight against Nemesis on the hardest difficulties, which was a pain in the ass and not very well-designed, since you can get easily spammed with attacks that will kill you without giving you time to heal. However, with the persistence of always, I was able to get the final trophies.

The game comes with a secondary game — this one, an OOOOONNNNLINE game — and you can imagine what was my answer to that. Anyway, fortunately enough, I heard nothing but good things about RE4's remake, so I might be in for a fun time in my last Resident Evil adventure (until Capcom releases the next one). However, I haven't bought the game yet. It still is quite expensive here, but I'm a patient guy.

Now, my quest (for now) is coming to a close. Only God of War: Ragnarök, Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Hitman III remain (excluding, of course, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla — read Odyssey's post to understand why I decided to suspend this game for now); of course I'm going to buy more games in the future, but this is the first time in 7 years that I won't have anything new to play after Hitman III. So I'm treating this like the end of one big chapter.

Up next: God of War: Ragnarök

• Like 1