Boni and the Sexy, Holy Quest for the 100%

Boni_Neto

My first post here is a bit of a cheat, because I got this 100% 1 and half week ago. I wanted to post something here right away, and I can't do that with the game that I'm currently working on (Final Fantasy XIV) because I'll only be able to get its final trophy Tuesday night (it would be tomorrow, originally, but FFXIV servers will go through maintenance tomorrow, so... just my luck). So, this will have to do for now.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

spacer.png

So, this game is quite immersive, I loved how grounded and based on realism it is. Of course, it's not perfect (the visual problems are quite on par with Cyberpunk, where models and graphics are not completely rendered until you remain still for a few seconds). But the story, the quests, the battles, and everything are just amazing. If it wasn't for the issue with the graphics, I would consider this a masterpiece.

Playing everyday, I took 16 days to reach 100%. The most difficult part (and something that the trophy guide here warns us about) is that the DLC trophies often get in the way of the base game quests and trophies, which means that one wrong step in an early quest can void a trophy in a DLC that you'll only be able to play much later (happened to me). It's a very, very confusing trophy list. I needed two and half playthroughs to clear everything. One for the main trophies, half to correct my mistakes, and the final playthrough for the hardcore mode. Overall, the fun of the game eclipsed the confusion of the trophies, the game is not difficult, but it's a long journey to get the 100%, and despite the flaws that I already mentioned, I highly recommend this game.

Up next: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 3

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

spacer.png

I'll start this by saying what many trophy hunters say: I hate online trophies. So, when I started my personal side quest to achieve the platinum of every main entry in the Final Fantasy franchise (on the PS4), I realized that I would have two big obstacles: XIV and XV. I already did XV back in March, but the reason I thought XV could be a dealbreaker for me was because of the Comrades DLC. For those who don't know, Square made the genius move of taking Comrades' trophies out of the main list, giving it its own solo trophy list, which means that today it's impossible to reach 100% on XV through normal ways. Fortunately, this forum is blessed with many smart and good people, so I learned how to downgrade the game to a previous version where Comrades was still part of the main list, and was able to complete it.

Next was XIV. Not only I hate online games and MMOs, but there is also a damn trophy in the game that forces you to play a minimum of 6 months (the 1,000 levequest trophy, because they only let you do 6 levequests per day). No way I was going to pay a monthly subscription for 6 months just to get a platinum while doing an absurd grinding. So, that's when I considered not doing this one. But then, once again, the great players of this community informed me that I could prepare all the trophies by playing the free trial during these 6 months, and once I had like 99% of the grinding done, I could switch to the paid version and pop all the trophies by doing one last activity for each one. That's exactly what I started doing back in April, and that's exactly how I got my platinum a few minutes ago, six months later.

Don't get me wrong, FFXIV is a great game. The world is enormous, the activities are plenty and fun, the quests and storyline for A Realm Reborn are interesting... but by God, I'm so done with the grinding in this game. Synthesize 1,000 items as a culinarian, fish 1,000 times, do 1,000 FATEs. Oh, my God... And this is why I'll never pursue the 100% on the PS5 version if I ever get my hands on the console. Not because I'm afraid of losing my 100%, but because I don't have the sanity to try this. A new batch of trophies has just been released and guess what: new fricking grinding trophies, and these new ones are heavy. I feel terrible for the XIV fans who, update after update, have to put their gloves on and go back to this never-ending trophy list. I admire you, gentlemen and gentlewomen, and I hope you achieve your so sought 100%... one day.

As for me, now all that remains in this franchise are the pixel remaster (currently too pricey for me) and XII (edit: now that I own a PS5, I can include XVI). I'll eventually consider doing some spin-offs, but they're not my priority, so who knows. Anyway, because of the long grind and the long period of waiting, I consider this game one of my proudest platinums, despite not being a hard game, and I'm super happy to have completed XIV and XV.

Up next: Days Gone

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Best of luck with your quest to 100% 😁Kingdom Come Deliverance is the perfect game to start with, it really deserves more love!!

Also have fun with the DMC games, those will generate abit of sweat 😆

Thanks, mate, KCD was a delicious game! I will definitely pray to all videogames gods when I start the DmC series. Appreciate the comment!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Days Gone

spacer.png

Pretty solid game, but glitchy if you play it for too long. I like Sam Witwer a lot, but I thought he was quite overenthusiastic with his lines, to the point where he sounded very cheesy, he also screamed a lot while talking, which would be understandable if he only did that while speeding away on his bike, but even if you ride slow, he talks like his lungs are exploding, which was annoying. Most of the sidequests felt repetitive (go to the camp and kill everybody), but apart from that it's a good game, it's visually beautiful, and I had special fun killing the hordes.

Didn't like the Survivor II mode where you only have the map for a few seconds on screen if you press L3, it's always annoying to play something like that, and reminded me of my recent playthrough of the Hardcore mode in Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but in that case the world building is so good that it was actually fun to get lost sometimes. Another thing that boiled my blood was how awful the bike controls are, especially at the beginning, and the gas evaporates in 2 minutes, and even by the endgame, when I had the best gas tank, it would only survive for 7 to 10 minutes. Imagine in real life if you had to fill your bike with gas every 10 minutes. Thrilling. For a game that takes pride in portraying bikers and bikes, those were some terrible decisions.

As for the trophies, there weren't too many difficult ones, only the ones from the Challenges DLC made me sweat, but overall it's doable with persistence.

I liked the story and I liked the characters, and it's a shame a sequel is unlikely, the cliffhanger was very interesting and there was a lot of room for improvements that could result in a great follow-up.

Up next: Sleeping Dogs

Edited by Boni_Neto

Your funny title drew me in :)

Nice list and welcome. I've been playing games and earning trophies for 15 years. It is a fun hobby, although at times I feel like my quest for 100% detracts from the experience. Nine times out of ten though, getting the 100% has shown me a deeper appreciation of a particular title. You have some fun titles in your list in the main post. I can't recommend the South Park game enough though. I freaking loved both of the "modern" mainline games. I'm also jealous that you still have the Resident Evil games ahead of you. I wish they had more stacks, cuz I'd play those bastards again in a heartbeat. 

Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

Your funny title drew me in :)

Nice list and welcome. I've been playing games and earning trophies for 15 years. It is a fun hobby, although at times I feel like my quest for 100% detracts from the experience. Nine times out of ten though, getting the 100% has shown me a deeper appreciation of a particular title. You have some fun titles in your list in the main post. I can't recommend the South Park game enough though. I freaking loved both of the "modern" mainline games. I'm also jealous that you still have the Resident Evil games ahead of you. I wish they had more stacks, cuz I'd play those bastards again in a heartbeat. 

Good luck and have fun!

Thank you, mate! I can totally relate with your view on the 100% quest. When I was much younger (SNES' age), I used to play all games on easy mode, and never bothered with completion. But to seek for the 100% gave me a new appreciation for the games as well, since now I enjoy every bit of each game's challenges, modes, bonus contents, etc. And I like that very much. I'm also looking forward to play South Park and the RE games. The Stick of Truth was one of the first games that I platinum'd, and I decided that the sequel would be one of the last ones because I wanted to savor it alongside other incredible games that I was saving for the last years of my quest. Anyway, thanks for the words. Cheers! Enjoy your hunt for the Legend of Dragoon plat. Incredible game.

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 1

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

spacer.png

I think that in 6 years of owning a PS4 this is the first time that I have absolutely nothing good to say about a game. Nothing, not even the smallest detail. This game looks like a PS2 project that was turn into a PS3 game in the very last second because that console was about to be released (wouldn't surprise me if that's true), and that was finally ported for the PS4. I mean, Jesus! The controls are disgusting, whenever I try to hit reverse on any vehicle, the camera has a seizure and it's so hard to adjust it. The graphics are horrendous and the characters are so ugly. Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 on the PLAYSTATION TWO have more beautiful graphics than this piece of $%&*. I wish I never played this game, but for the sake of keeping my 100% I couldn't stop. Thank God this happens very rarely, and thank God that this game was really, really cheap, but I will still have to pay for my energy bill. Avoid it at any costs.

PS: It's so bizarre that they got Emma Stone, Tom Wilkinson and Lucy Liu to voice this, despite the fact that their characters are barely in it.

Up next: Resident Evil: Village

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 2

Resident Evil: Village

spacer.png

I missed Ethan. Resident Evil 7 is my 9th favorite game on the PS4, and in my opinion, elevated the franchise to new grounds. The sequel, although not better, is amazing and very, very entertaining. I loved the village, I loved the castle, I loved the characters and visuals and everything else. Final boss was a bit of a letdown, but overall, it's a great experience for any horror fan. The trophies were, most of the time, easy. I only had trouble with the ones related to the Mercenaries mode, but I was able to get all of them in one day, but I really disliked this mode. While RE7 had plenty of variation in its DLCs and minigames, this one was really bad. The Village of Shadows was another trophy that made me sweat. Yes, I cheesed it with unlockables and it was so satisfying to slice enemies with a lightsaber, but there were moments when the items that I've earned were useless, like the first phase of the Heisenberg fight (ridiculously hard and very annoying) and the Chris segment, but with persistence, once again I was able to triumph. I kinda liked Shadow of Rose, but I will stick with the base game's ending. Anyway, terrific game with not so good DLCs.

Up next: Assassin's Creed: Chronicles

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Assassin's Creed: Chronicles

spacer.png

I was curious about this game. Being a fan of Assassin's Creed and indie games, I was interested in this because I like 2.5D games that have that indie vibe, even if it's from a well known franchise. The game is okay, but sometimes it feels like it can't decide if it wants to be a good game or a bad game. There are fun bits, especially with China and India, but some trophies are really frustrating because of the grinding. I also hate how sometimes the game will throw you some cheap obstacles just to make you repeat the section over and over again until you git good. That is especially true with Russia. I mean, Oh my God, I was this close to feel as frustrated as I was when I was platinum-ing Crash 4. Some levels are so unnecessarily long and hard. But it could be worse. The game is at least merciful enough to give constant checkpoints. As for the graphics, I liked it quite a lot (for a 2D game). I loved the comic book style that permeates throughout the backgrounds of the levels and the little details, like smoke effect and stuff like that. Story wise, there isn't much to say, the cutscenes are ecstatic, which is understandable for a "small" game like this, but it was nice to see some callbacks to Ezio and all, and also liked that all three stories are linked. Overall, it's a decent game, but not the brightest of the franchise.

Up next: Horizon: Forbidden West

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Horizon: Forbidden West

spacer.png

Great game. I liked the first one, but the interesting thing is that this one feels like an expansion, and not a sequel, because apart from the new regions, everything is basically the same as in Zero Dawn. Weapons, environment interactions, missions, submissions, collectables, and so forth. Not to say it's a bad thing, some sequels try to innovate too much and fail miserably. Anyway, the trophy list was quite easy, especially because you only need to get a few collectables here and there. The only exception was finishing the game on New Game + Ultrahard. Suddenly the game felt very cheap. The third to last mission in the cauldron and the final boss were especially unfair, and the trophy for getting all New Game + weapons, dyes and face paints was excruciating and annoying. I tried to do it in the Ultrahard run, but halfway through I gave up. The stress was just not worth it. I completed everything on a New Game ++ Story mode. Overall, a stunning game in many ways.

Up next: South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Astro's Playroom

spacer.png

So, this happened. This console is really expensive in my country, but fate smiled upon me, and I was finally able to buy a PlayStation 5. I'm super excited about the future (since currently - after 3 years since the console's release - there are less than 10 games that got me interested). Anyway, I'm so fecking happy!!! As for Astro's Playroom, fun little game, which you can 100% in a few hours, while learning about the DualSense's functions. I mean, I think every trophy hunter who has a PS5 has this platinum, so there's nothing special about it. But what it means to me, it's something great. And fate wanted me to get my platinum trophy while holding a platinum trophy (I swear I didn't know about this trophy, and picking it up for last was pure accidental). Anyway, can't wait for what the future holds for me as a trophy hunter with a PS5!

Up next: South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Super_Mep said:

@Boni_Neto

Congratulations on getting a PS5!!! It's really night and day difference from the 4. But don't get rid of your PS4 it can be used to self boost yourself!

Thank you, mate! I thought about selling the PS4, but I might keep it in the end, I'll still use it to play some games that have no significant improvements on the PS5. Plus I didn't remember the fact that now I can boost with myself if needed, so thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

spacer.png

Man, I had so much fun with The Stick of Truth, that I decide to leave this one to the future. Five years later, here we are, and the wait was worth it. This game is as hilarious as The Stick of Truth, the plot is more funny and overall everything feels slightly better. I liked that they decided to make costumes just a cosmetic thing instead of armor with values and whatnot, and how fun were the superpowers for each character. I guess the game might offend a few people, it's South Park after all, but I thought it was very spirited and crazy - I mean, I would never imagine in my life that one day I would play a game that tells me to beat the crap out of Morgan Freeman. It's a shame we don't have a third entry because I think the game left the door open for a trilogy. Anyway, can't recommend this enough to all South Park fans.

Up next: Devil May Cry

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Devil May Cry

spacer.png

And so it begins. My most dreaded challenge yet has finally come. The Devil May Cry series. I first played this 20 years ago, and at the time, of course, I cheesed the game playing it on easy mode. Little did I know that 20 years later, a hobby would bring me back to this and force me to play the game not only on hard, but also on Dante Must Die. It wasn't easy. The guide here gives an 8/10 difficult-wise, and it wasn't kidding. Normal mode was pretty easy. Hard was ok, nothing exceptional, but boy oh boy, was I in for a surprise with DMD. Luckily, I followed the advice of a YouTuber and did an extra run on normal to gather special items, like Untouchables, Holy Water and Devil Stars before tackling DMD. It made DMD bearable, but some bosses, like the last version of Nelo and Nightmare were pure.... well, nightmare. But with persistence, once again, I got the platinum. Not everything was beautiful, though, I was reminded of how awful the jumping and the cameras are in this game. Just atrocious and utterly broken. Apart from that, it's a classic. Next up is DMC2. The guide here gives it a 3/10, so I may be in for a relaxing platinum, who knows. It really is a low score for a platinum difficulty. And after that is DMC3, 6/10. I'm dreading this one, because it's the one where the "finish all levels with S ranks" bullshit begins, however, it can be done in just one single difficulty, so... nothing compared to 4 and 5, and I have no idea how mentally sane I'll be after the first 3 games. I might not take on 4 and 5 immediately after... but yes, I'm fucking scared of losing my 100% to DMC4. Wish me luck.

On a side note, today, Tails of Iron got a free DLC with more trophies. I got the 100% on it a few months ago thanks to PS Plus. However, I lost my subscription last week, and here in my country even Essential is a stab in the nuts, so for an indefinite time, I will lose my sexy 100% until I can pay for the subscription again. It's ugly to look at, but, what can I do except for having patience?

Up next: Devil May Cry 2

Edited by Boni_Neto

On 10/3/2023 at 4:22 AM, Boni_Neto said:

spacer.png

I'll start this by saying what many trophy hunters say: I hate online trophies.

Still, I am very impressed that you managed to get this. I got the platinum on my old-old account for this version and I think this version is best if you want 100%, because the PS5 version.... well, let's just say that 100% will forever be unobtainable; they'll put out the trophies until the cows come home and the game shuts down and unless they don't put any trophies out just as they shut down, that list will be forever incomplete. Especially for me as I'm not a mad lad ready to solo the deep dungeons. 1000 leves takes six months of real life but at least it's DOABLE. Great job, fellow Warrior of Light! ^_^ 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Still, I am very impressed that you managed to get this. I got the platinum on my old-old account for this version and I think this version is best if you want 100%, because the PS5 version.... well, let's just say that 100% will forever be unobtainable; they'll put out the trophies until the cows come home and the game shuts down and unless they don't put any trophies out just as they shut down, that list will be forever incomplete. Especially for me as I'm not a mad lad ready to solo the deep dungeons. 1000 leves takes six months of real life but at least it's DOABLE. Great job, fellow Warrior of Light! ^_^ 👍

Thank you, mate. I finally got a PS5, but I don't dare to try the PS5 version. It's basically just for the top lovers of the game, and while I love Final Fantasy to death, it's just too much for me. XIV is a really fun game, but I hated to be forced to play for 6 months just for a single trophy, but I had to get this one for my "sidequest" of platinum-ing all FF games from the main series. Also, I rather depend only on myself and I try to avoid MMORPGs or any game with online trophies, unless it's only a few of them and the game is really good. But I will always admire those who are constantly fighting for their 100% in XIV-PS5. I hope they get it one day. Appreciate the comment.

To be honest, it's easy to get 100% in the Heavensward, Stormblood and Shadowbringers expansion DLC if you use Party Finder or get into a Free Company or static(a group that raids weekly), as you can unsync the savage raids and the Heavensward and Stormblood savages have become much easier if you go in with some friends that are Level 90, and when the new expansion drops in summer, everyone will be Level 100 and even the Shadowbringers raids might be easy. :lol:

I actually got 100% on all those DLC trophies and I don't have the platinum yet, and I even got all of the special mounts you get from farming Extreme Trials in Shadowbringers. But I can't be bothered to do the Endwalker trophy list and I am never going to get the 6.1-6.5 trophy lists done in my lifetime. I just celebrated my 51st birthday and I'm at the point where I am not motivated to bang my head against the wall of a tough boss. :|

Not going to try to seduce you to the dark side. I respect people's opinions and to be honest, I used to be an MMO junkie until I realized that the only MMO which respects my time with it and which I support with money(mainly because I am lazy and steal money from the level skips that they sell on the cash shop) is this game. I played Wizard101 and MapleStory, but the former demands money for lootboxes which MIGHT give you a game-breaking spell, and the latter constantly shuts down for maintenance and is a much worse grind since you get EXP from mobs instead of quests and have to risk RNG to get great weapons.... unless you spend money on their cash shop. No thanks. 😠

I don't have much time for MMOs these days, and even FFXIV doesn't get played once a day anymore. But Yoshida said that you are free to leave the game and re-sub when new expansions come out, just to catch up and have fun doing it. I'm going to have fun exploring the free trial on my main account, get to the end of Stormblood and then upgrade to get all the trophies and then cancel my account, which is more permanent than just unsubscribing - you can delete your account and characters by canceling the service on their site if you truly want to be done with FFXIV forever. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

To be honest, it's easy to get 100% in the Heavensward, Stormblood and Shadowbringers expansion DLC if you use Party Finder or get into a Free Company or static(a group that raids weekly), as you can unsync the savage raids and the Heavensward and Stormblood savages have become much easier if you go in with some friends that are Level 90, and when the new expansion drops in summer, everyone will be Level 100 and even the Shadowbringers raids might be easy. :lol:

I actually got 100% on all those DLC trophies and I don't have the platinum yet, and I even got all of the special mounts you get from farming Extreme Trials in Shadowbringers. But I can't be bothered to do the Endwalker trophy list and I am never going to get the 6.1-6.5 trophy lists done in my lifetime. I just celebrated my 51st birthday and I'm at the point where I am not motivated to bang my head against the wall of a tough boss. :|

Not going to try to seduce you to the dark side. I respect people's opinions and to be honest, I used to be an MMO junkie until I realized that the only MMO which respects my time with it and which I support with money(mainly because I am lazy and steal money from the level skips that they sell on the cash shop) is this game. I played Wizard101 and MapleStory, but the former demands money for lootboxes which MIGHT give you a game-breaking spell, and the latter constantly shuts down for maintenance and is a much worse grind since you get EXP from mobs instead of quests and have to risk RNG to get great weapons.... unless you spend money on their cash shop. No thanks. 😠

I don't have much time for MMOs these days, and even FFXIV doesn't get played once a day anymore. But Yoshida said that you are free to leave the game and re-sub when new expansions come out, just to catch up and have fun doing it. I'm going to have fun exploring the free trial on my main account, get to the end of Stormblood and then upgrade to get all the trophies and then cancel my account, which is more permanent than just unsubscribing - you can delete your account and characters by canceling the service on their site if you truly want to be done with FFXIV forever. ;)

Sounds nice, I know there are trophies that would most likely break my spirit, like the recent one about all those fishes. I mean... how one does even find the courage to try that. It was already a nightmare to just fish 1,000 times, but now they want almost 1,500 unique fish, lol whoever accomplished that should win a money prize.

But I think one day, when I'm all done with trophies, I might do a casual FF-Marathon, and play all of them in order. If I'm short of money to re-sub, I'll just create another profile and play the free trial again, this time just for fun. Trophy-wise, I'm satisfied with the PS4 version, even if it's just A Realm Reborn.

5 hours ago, Boni_Neto said:

Sounds nice, I know there are trophies that would most likely break my spirit, like the recent one about all those fishes. I mean... how one does even find the courage to try that? It was already a nightmare to just fish 1,000 times, but now they want almost 1,500 unique fish, lol whoever accomplished that should win a money prize.

I get where you are coming from. The trophies that broke my spirit were the ones requiring me to do a solo run of Palace of the Dead, Heaven on High and Eureka Orthros. I couldn't even run 80 floors of Heaven-On-High, and I was on  Discord talking with the other players. I kept spamming pomanders and one of the other players had a mental meltdown, and then we wiped to the minotaur patrols. We did beat all the bosses, though. That was what made me swear off of deep dungeons ever again.

This is what I plan to do with games I enjoyed but having DLC trophies that I can't do. I created a secondary account to platinum those games in without touching my main account which has games I can get 100% trophies in. Needless to say, if I ever find a way to access my account with Nemona Rookie, my Square-Enix account for my old account(which I am playing with, I just got her past Endwalker and will finish up 6.1-6.55 when 6.55 drops; also have an alt character which I am going to max all battle jobs on, wish me luck as I hate Red Mage and Black Mage like a rash :lol:), then I would long into that account on this new graveyard account and get the platinum again. I probably won't get the platinum in my old account since I am losing interesting in FFXIV and will probably put it in the freezer like most people do before an expansion comes out - they cancel their sub time, then re-sub when the expansion drops and play catch up. ;)

I already have that account set up and the games I want to play on it downloaded: Kingdom Hearts III, Shantae Half Genie Hero, Ni No Kuni II, and A Hat In Time. The DLC trophies for those games is atrocious to me and I'd rather spend my time grinding out monsters in Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince than bash my brains against the wall hoping that a miracle would pop the trophies for me. 😭

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 8:22 PM, Boni_Neto said:

spacer.png

I'll start this by saying what many trophy hunters say: I hate online trophies. So, when I started my personal side quest to achieve the platinum of every main entry in the Final Fantasy franchise (on the PS4), I realized that I would have two big obstacles: XIV and XV. I already did XV back in March, but the reason I thought XV could be a dealbreaker for me was because of the Comrades DLC. For those who don't know, Square made the genius move of taking Comrades' trophies out of the main list, giving it its own solo trophy list, which means that today it's impossible to reach 100% on XV through normal ways. Fortunately, this forum is blessed with many smart and good people, so I learned how to downgrade the game to a previous version where Comrades was still part of the main list, and was able to complete it.

Next was XIV. Not only I hate online games and MMOs, but there is also a damn trophy in the game that forces you to play a minimum of 6 months (the 1,000 levequest trophy, because they only let you do 6 levequests per day). No way I was going to pay a monthly subscription for 6 months just to get a platinum while doing an absurd grinding. So, that's when I considered not doing this one. But then, once again, the great players of this community informed me that I could prepare all the trophies by playing the free trial during these 6 months, and once I had like 99% of the grinding done, I could switch to the paid version and pop all the trophies by doing one last activity for each one. That's exactly what I started doing back in April, and that's exactly how I got my platinum a few minutes ago, six months later.

Don't get me wrong, FFXIV is a great game. The world is enormous, the activities are plenty and fun, the quests and storyline for A Realm Reborn are interesting... but by God, I'm so done with the grinding in this game. Synthesize 1,000 items as a culinarian, fish 1,000 times, do 1,000 FATEs. Oh, my God... And this is why I'll never pursue the 100% on the PS5 version if I ever get my hands on the console. Not because I'm afraid of losing my 100%, but because I don't have the sanity to try this. A new batch of trophies has just been released and guess what: new fricking grinding trophies, and these new ones are heavy. I feel terrible for the XIV fans who, update after update, have to put their gloves on and go back to this never-ending trophy list. I admire you, gentlemen and gentlewomen, and I hope you achieve your so sought 100%... one day.

As for me, now all that remains in this franchise are the pixel remaster (currently too pricey for me) and XII. I'll eventually consider doing some spin-offs, but they're not my priority, so who knows. Anyway, because of the long grind and the long period of waiting, I consider this game one of my proudest platinums, despite not being a hard game, and I'm super happy to have completed XIV and XV.

Up next: Days Gone

Hey I just stumbled on this thread, and found that you ended up finishing your platinum. Congratulations!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I get where you are coming from. The trophies that broke my spirit were the ones requiring me to do a solo run of Palace of the Dead, Heaven on High and Eureka Orthros. I couldn't even run 80 floors of Heaven-On-High, and I was on  Discord talking with the other players. I kept spamming pomanders and one of the other players had a mental meltdown, and then we wiped to the minotaur patrols. We did beat all the bosses, though. That was what made me swear off of deep dungeons ever again.

This is what I plan to do with games I enjoyed but having DLC trophies that I can't do. I created a secondary account to platinum those games in without touching my main account which has games I can get 100% trophies in. Needless to say, if I ever find a way to access my account with Nemona Rookie, my Square-Enix account for my old account(which I am playing with, I just got her past Endwalker and will finish up 6.1-6.55 when 6.55 drops; also have an alt character which I am going to max all battle jobs on, wish me luck as I hate Red Mage and Black Mage like a rash :lol:), then I would long into that account on this new graveyard account and get the platinum again. I probably won't get the platinum in my old account since I am losing interesting in FFXIV and will probably put it in the freezer like most people do before an expansion comes out - they cancel their sub time, then re-sub when the expansion drops and play catch up. ;)

I already have that account set up and the games I want to play on it downloaded: Kingdom Hearts III, Shantae Half Genie Hero, Ni No Kuni II, and A Hat In Time. The DLC trophies for those games is atrocious to me and I'd rather spend my time grinding out monsters in Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince than bash my brains against the wall hoping that a miracle would pop the trophies for me. 😭

Oh, yes, I heard about the Eureka trophy. There's a thread around here called "FFIX the game you will never complete" or something like that, and I remember seeing a lot of people suffering with this trophy over there. Sometimes it looks like Square is doing it on purpose just to see who remains with these crazy trophies. But good luck with your grinding, mate. As for the games you have downloaded, I only completed KH3. The DLC trophies are indeed hard... however, call me a masochist, but I actually had fun with the challenges and the trophy that requires you to use debuffs so you can earn the highest merit rank (but yes, I almost broke my fingers against organization XIII, especially Xemnas, that bastard). But ultimately, the important thing is to have fun. Hunt the trophies that give you happiness. :)

2 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

Hey I just stumbled on this thread, and found that you ended up finishing your platinum. Congratulations!

Griffon, my friend, thank you so much. It was a long journey, and your advices and tips were invaluable. You had a lot of patience with me over those months, so that plat is now mine thanks to you and to some other friends around here who also gave me some good tips. Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boni_Neto said:

"FFIX the game you will never complete"

Considering the Jump King trophy, I wouldn't be surprised that nobody got the Platinum in FFIX. Mario already tortured kids with the 100 jump rope jumps, why not torture us with TEN TIMES THE REQUIREMENT?!? :lol:

You must mean this link. Yeah, I've read it and agree with the poster's statement. But then again, MMOs are not designed to be one and done, or the game would shut down and be unplayable.

• Haha 1