Pinpoint - Bugged?

Adrian1021

I don't know if they changed the mechanics for this skill, but what I'm doing is I'm holding down the trance skill and holding it until the enemy attacks me and it ripostes automatically? I've been reading online you're supposed to release it as soon as the enemy attacks you, but I can never get this to work?

You hold it down while the enemy is attacking and release triangle right before the enemies meele weapon is about to hit. Notice that while you hold triangle your "force"-meter replenishes (the blue bar in the lower middle of your screen). If you run out of force-power the "trance" will end and you first need to fill the force-meter with power again by killing enemies. :)

• 2 months later...
On 10/6/2023 at 2:56 PM, Micola7h said:

You hold it down while the enemy is attacking and release triangle right before the enemies meele weapon is about to hit. Notice that while you hold triangle your "force"-meter replenishes (the blue bar in the lower middle of your screen). If you run out of force-power the "trance" will end and you first need to fill the force-meter with power again by killing enemies. :)

What the OP means is that even when they hold down the button without releasing it Cal still auto parries (hence the confusion).

However, this does not count. In order to execute the skill to perfection you must release triangle just before the enemy strikes. You'll know when it's done properly because a bright white light will flash as Cal does it. If you're just holding down triangle without releasing it when the enemy strikes it will still auto parry but not count towards the trophy. Hope that is helpful to any future readers.

• Like 1