Free timesave in Chapter 2

westersburg

During the Mirror's Edge 2023 Tournament in the speedrunning community, there was a skip discovered, which is extremely easy to pull off (even on console) and saves 20-30 seconds over the regular route (which most people here are probably doing).

You want to kill yourself at the end of the ballance beam and respawn at that checkpoint. Then balance back over the beam, drop down and use the springboard again. Angle it towards the wall on the left so you basically hit the wall during the springboard animation. MOST IMPORTANT: Don't jump after you respawn and balance back over the beam before you initiate the springboard!!!! Enjoy getting launched into the air and making it to the top of stormdrains within seconds.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, westersburg said:

During the Mirror's Edge 2023 Tournament in the speedrunning community, there was a skip discovered, which is extremely easy to pull off (even on console) and saves 20-30 seconds over the regular route (which most people here are probably doing).

You want to kill yourself at the end of the ballance beam and respawn at that checkpoint. Then balance back over the beam, drop down and use the springboard again. Angle it towards the wall on the left so you basically hit the wall during the springboard animation. MOST IMPORTANT: Don't jump after you respawn and balance back over the beam before you initiate the springboard!!!! Enjoy getting launched into the air and making it to the top of stormdrains within seconds.

I can't believe my luck. Turns out you posted this info about an hour before I cleared the chapter 2 speedrun last night. I spent four hours trying to clear it. I know it's just one hour but I wish I would have seen it right away. Considering how this game is draining me mentally, one hour would have made a big difference.😅

Personal bad luck aside, thanks for sharing.

On 10/10/2023 at 4:47 AM, Ivotas said:

I can't believe my luck. Turns out you posted this info about an hour before I cleared the chapter 2 speedrun last night. I spent four hours trying to clear it. I know it's just one hour but I wish I would have seen it right away. Considering how this game is draining me mentally, one hour would have made a big difference.😅

Personal bad luck aside, thanks for sharing.

So did you finally get it without that shortcut or did it come in time and was handy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, westersburg said:

So did you finally get it without that shortcut or did it come in time and was handy?

Nope, I did not get it without your shortcut. I was in my final hour of struggling when you posted it. Still grateful for it. After all, I know how painful this section is and anything that can help make it easier I consider to be a godsend.^^

1 minute ago, Ivotas said:

Nope, I did not get it without your shortcut. I was in my final hour of struggling when you posted it. Still grateful for it. After all, I know how painful this section is and anything that can help make it easier I consider to be a godsend.^^

Nice to have proof, that casuals/trophyhunter can replicate this trick. Before my post i only had feedback from other speedrunners, which isn't representative here.