Questions before starting Rocket League

Ivotas

Apoligies for starting it's own thread but I really need some feedback as it got only more confusing when I tried to look it up myself. So I hope to find some answers to the questions below to help me out to make a decision.

I read in a different thread that the following is required for trading:

• Confrmed Epic account.
  • 2FA on your Epic account.
  • Level 30.
  • 50 minutes of online gameplay

The question I have here is if things I did on an alt account matter or not? Haven't touched the game on my main yet. So would I have to do all that on my main now to enable trading?

I read that I further would have to purchase a the 5€/$ pack to enable trading. My question is where do I find the pack? I checked the ingame store on my alt and it's overwhelmingly confusing.

In case I meet all the requirements for #1 and #3 will I have to acquire specific items to trade? Or will I have all that's necessary once I hit level 30?

About the various trophy related DLC packs. Where exactly can I find them? When I checked the ingame store I only found something called 'Season 12 Elite Pack'. But that didn't seem to cover the various packs from the trophy list. Since the guides say that "the DLC is essetial" I'd be interested to know how to get it.

That's all the questions. Sorry for a long post. I'm just really contemplating whether to start this on my main account now or now because of the change coming in December. I worry that there might be too many requirements I couldn't meet by the deadline. So I was hoping someone more knowledgable than my could shine in some light on these matters. Thank you very much for your time.^^

Here to heelp.

1. You have to make it in your own account, since Epic accounts can only be linked to one PSN ID. I recommend you to complete every challenge you can that gives xp, so you level up faster.

2. I haven't bought it (it's only needed for 1 DLC trophy anyways) but you need to buy anything at a minimum of 5$. Once you reach that cap, trading is available for you.

3. You can trade any item for the trophy, but if you want more I recommend you to play tourmanents, which earn you points, which you can use to buy items lootboxes (they also help for the platinum, since you need to unlock many items)

4. All the DLCs are free! With the exception of the infamous trading trophy, any other trophy is free to earn at the moment.

Enjoy RL! It's a great competitive game, and super fun to plat.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

Here to heelp.

Dude, thank you very much for your great feedback. Will reply to each point individually.

1. You have to make it in your own account, since Epic accounts can only be linked to one PSN ID. I recommend you to complete every challenge you can that gives xp, so you level up faster.

That's good to know. I guess I will try with my original Epic account then and see if it works. I don't remember if I ever linked it to my alt. If I did I will create a new Epic account for my main.^^'

2. I haven't bought it (it's only needed for 1 DLC trophy anyways) but you need to buy anything at a minimum of 5$. Once you reach that cap, trading is available for you.

Oh, so that's how it is. I thought that you actually have to purchase the trading feature. Buying anything for five bucks clearly is the easier solution. I would still need to reach rank 30, play 50 minutes online and have the Epic account to trade though, correct?

3. You can trade any item for the trophy, but if you want more I recommend you to play tourmanents, which earn you points, which you can use to buy items lootboxes (they also help for the platinum, since you need to unlock many items)

Again very good to know all of that. Will definitely keep that in mind.

4. All the DLCs are free! With the exception of the infamous trading trophy, any other trophy is free to earn at the moment.

Thank god! There were so many DLC packs mentioned on the trophy list but I couldn't find any so I really started wondering if I'm just too dumb to figure out how the ingame store works.

Enjoy RL! It's a great competitive game, and super fun to plat.

Oh, it definitely is. I played it on my alt account only as a little pallet cleanser but I always thought that at some point I would want to move it to my main account and start there for real.

The thing is, that even on my main I would like to keep this game as a sort of chill game I use to calm down with both from real life or from more dedicated games. So I was worried if I could get the Swap Meet trophy in time or not.

Let me close my post by once again thanking you for your super helpful feedback. It's much appreciated!😊

PS: This forum needs a 'Thank you' icon for rating posts.😄

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Oh, so that's how it is. I thought that you actually have to purchase the trading feature. Buying anything for five bucks clearly is the easier solution. I would still need to reach rank 30, play 50 minutes online and have the Epic account to trade though, correct?

You're welcome! I think you should buy credits in-game (500 are 5$) and then redeem them in the store for anything, because as far as I know it only works with credits.

Don't worry about the trophy, I just read the news about december. It shouldn't take long to reach level 30, specially if you're experienced. The rest of the game you can leave it for later. Have fun!

Edited by Jeanolt

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/rocket-league-c5719357623323/gameplay-c7262179951387/what-are-rocket-league-trade-restrictions-a5720112147611

At least 500 Credits or equivalent (Ex: Esports Tokens) purchased

Only purchases made in-game will count toward trade requirements

Example:

$4.99 for 500 Credits

$9.99 for 1100 Credits

$4.99 for 600 Esports Tokens

Cosmetic bundles purchased with real-world currency do not count toward meeting trade requirements:

Ex: Rocket Pass Premium

This restriction does not apply to players who played before the Free to Play update

For leveling up you can use the game app Rocket League Sideswipe. For every level in the app you get 4000xp on your console game.

19 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

You're welcome! I think you should buy credits in-game (500 are 5$) and then redeem them in the store for anything, because as far as I know it only works with credits.

Don't worry about the trophy, I just read the news about december. It shouldn't take long to reach level 30, specially if you're experienced. The rest of the game you can leave it for later. Have fun!

That's really good to know. Of course I don't want to slack off too much either but it's always nice to know when I don't have to stress myself. Thanks again for the feedback.^^

3 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/rocket-league-c5719357623323/gameplay-c7262179951387/what-are-rocket-league-trade-restrictions-a5720112147611

At least 500 Credits or equivalent (Ex: Esports Tokens) purchased

Only purchases made in-game will count toward trade requirements

Example:

$4.99 for 500 Credits

$9.99 for 1100 Credits

$4.99 for 600 Esports Tokens

Cosmetic bundles purchased with real-world currency do not count toward meeting trade requirements:

Ex: Rocket Pass Premium

This restriction does not apply to players who played before the Free to Play update

Thank you very much for the detailed info. Good to know what doesn't count as I'm the kind of person to instinctively go with the wrong option.😅

3 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

For leveling up you can use the game app Rocket League Sideswipe. For every level in the app you get 4000xp on your console game.

I didn't even know there was an app like this. Will definitely check if my old tablet can run it. Thank you for this info too.😊

I guess this answers all my questions for now. If the mods and admins don't mind, I would like to keep the thread open for a little longer just in case I encounter another issue on the road. Wouldn't want to spam this forum with questions if it could be contained here.😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, breakXedge said:

@Ivotas I'm pretty sure the app will work as it's a simplified rocket league game, in 2D, but it helps if you need to travel or something.

Would be cool if it did. My tablet is almost ten years old and it can't keep up with the requirements of more modern apps.😅

Edit:
Tried to get it. Says that the game wouldn't work on my device. Not really suprised but still disappointing.^^

Edited by Ivotas

Welp, turns out that I had more questions sooner than expected. Still on my alt account trying to make sense of things before I ultimately start this on my main. And right now I for the live of me cannot find out how to connect/create an Epic account in Rocket League. Do I have to do this in game or from my computer?^^'

Hey guys, sorry to bump this thread but I guess I'm stuck again. I've been researching how to link an Epic games account with my PS4 account and found conflicting informations both on Epic's very own website.

Linking Rocket League and Epic Games accounts has a very simple an easy to understand explenation on how to do things. However it get's confusing when reading the info listed at How do I link my Epic Games account to a Platform for Rocket League? it get's a bit confusing. Because here it suddenly says that I have to launch Rocket League and sign-in to my Epic Games account. Kinda difficult to sign in to something that you haven't connected with yet as the first link says how to establish the connection while the second expects one to be there already.

I'm quite sure that this must come across like a very noobish question to you guys but it's really confusing me a bit. Especially since my Rocket League game doesn't seem to have neither a sign-in nor a 'create' button which is mentioned in the link. I'd be really great if anybody could shine in a little bit light on this confusing matter.^^'