Possible fix to You need a Gun trophy bug (Fully upgrade one weapon)

Zetsuo

I was one of the affected by the bug were you don't get the trophy for upgrading to the max one of the weapons no matter what I tried during my first playthrough, so I decided to do it later on one of the other modes runs and instead I started a NG+ on Maximum security for the difficulty trophy, I continued upgrading the rest of the weapons and when I upgraded to the max the last one, both trophies, You need a gun (fully upgrade a weapon) and Armed to the teeth (Purchase all weapons and upgrades), popped at the same time to my surprise.

So if you are like me and can't get the trophy to pop just keep playing and in theory the trophy would pop for you too when you upgrade the last weapon.

If the same happen to anyone please confirm. 😁

I can add screenshots of the trophies if someone wants to see them popping but it's just the character in the upgrade kiosk screen.

Sorry if my english is a little broken 😝

Edited by Zetsuo
Typo and title.
  • Like 1

Good job getting the trophy, no matter what it took! It sucks that glitches like that are in the game. I heard it was bugged too before starting my playthrough and was nervous when purchasing the final upgrade of the hand cannon in Chapter 4. 

Personally, the trophy did NOT bug out on me. I managed to pop the trophy at the first reforge in Chapter 4 as soon as i finished off the hand cannon during my very 1st playthrough.

I'm not sure what i did differently from other players to make it not bug out, but all i really did was focus all my Callisto Credits on the hand cannon and nothing else. Every chance i got to upgrade at the reforge station, I burnt my credits on the hand cannon after selling whatever i could from my inventory. I'm not sure if buying the first upgrade for something else like the batton will trigger the trophy into making you upgrading that and all the other weapons you initially invested in, but I wouldn't be surprised if something bugged out like that. I just knew the hand cannon was the cheapest to fully upgrade so i went all in for it.

Regardless, i did make a PS+ Cloud Save right before I purchased the final upgrade just in case it bugged out on me and I wanted a 2nd chance.

Anyway, screw it, glad that's over for both of us....time to finish Maximum Security and get that platinum!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DovahkiinChild said:

Good job getting the trophy, no matter what it took! It sucks that glitches like that are in the game. I heard it was bugged too before starting my playthrough and was nervous when purchasing the final upgrade of the hand cannon in Chapter 4. 

Personally, the trophy did NOT bug out on me. I managed to pop the trophy at the first reforge in Chapter 4 as soon as i finished off the hand cannon during my very 1st playthrough.

I'm not sure what i did differently from other players to make it not bug out, but all i really did was focus all my Callisto Credits on the hand cannon and nothing else. Every chance i got to upgrade at the reforge station, I burnt my credits on the hand cannon after selling whatever i could from my inventory. I'm not sure if buying the first upgrade for something else like the batton will trigger the trophy into making you upgrading that and all the other weapons you initially invested in, but I wouldn't be surprised if something bugged out like that. I just knew the hand cannon was the cheapest to fully upgrade so i went all in for it.

Regardless, i did make a PS+ Cloud Save right before I purchased the final upgrade just in case it bugged out on me and I wanted a 2nd chance.

Anyway, screw it, glad that's over for both of us....time to finish Maximum Security and get that platinum!

Thanks!!

Yeah, I usually do a first run totally blind to the trophies so it took me by surprise when I found I had a bug with the trophy after finishing the campaign on normal, my only maxed weapon when I checked was the Riot gun (big shotgun) that casually have a glitch that If you see the inventory screen of the weapon you can see an extra space for an upgrade that doesn't exist so maybe that have something to do with the bug.

But like you said screw the bug and time to go for the plat!!!

• Like 1