Avalanche is a garbage trophy

Rover_Libra

The 'Avalanche' trophy for this game is extremely annoying and tedious to get.  53,600 kills is large enough, but the fact that's bugged and hasn't been fixed yet is the worst part about it. I even counted up the kills I got from Survival and Harvest runs, and when I reached 53,600, the trophy didn't pop!

The game is already buggy enough as is! For me, almost every time I finish or start up a match, the game just crashes for no reason, and the long loading times only make this worse as a result! On the PS4 version at least.

I've been trying to get this stupid trophy for months now and I still feel like I'm so far from reaching my goal. Currently, I'm just trying to get the gun skin for 10,000 kills; that way I know I'm making actually making progress!

I haven't seen most people talk about this trophy, hence why I'm bringing it up here.

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2023 at 2:28 PM, Rover_Libra said:

The 'Avalanche' trophy for this game is extremely annoying and tedious to get.  53,600 kills is large enough, but the fact that's bugged and hasn't been fixed yet is the worst part about it. I even counted up the kills I got from Survival and Harvest runs, and when I reached 53,600, the trophy didn't pop!

The game is already buggy enough as is! For me, almost every time I finish or start up a match, the game just crashes for no reason, and the long loading times only make this worse as a result! On the PS4 version at least.

I've been trying to get this stupid trophy for months now and I still feel like I'm so far from reaching my goal. Currently, I'm just trying to get the gun skin for 10,000 kills; that way I know I'm making actually making progress!

I haven't seen most people talk about this trophy, hence why I'm bringing it up here.

I actually started this game yesterday and I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the constant crashing or not. I’m glad I’m not the only one, but bummed there’s more that have the same issue. Brutal load times too. 

Also oddly glitched trophies as well. The nightmare difficulty doesn’t stack with the ones for just finishing the mission. (Or at least it didn’t for my and my buddy.) Cause we were definitely carried by some OP players on PC. LOL. Winning the pvp mode didn’t pop for us properly either. We did an FFA and both won once and popped the bronze for losing during our win. Then we tried to win once in TDM and it actually popped for winning. 

just all around peculiar. Plus. No real stat tracking. I heard you can look up the outfits to see how many kills you have. But still that’s ridiculous. 

**edit** I played a bunch this morning solo and didn’t experience any crashing. So I can only assume the crashing is caused by the cross play and online matchmaking. 

Also another trophy that should have popped but hasn’t for me is the 100 shotgun kills. I have 272 with the full auto in horde (as per a costume unlock) so I don’t know why it hasn’t popped yet. Probably will next mission run. But still. Super annoying all around. 

**Edit #2** There’s definitely crashing during single player games… but I could get in anywhere from 6 - 8 rounds on Subway. Honestly, if youre having issues with the trophy, farm kills with guns you dont have the 10k with… I would change the guns as soon as I hit my 10k mark and I didnt have issues with “Avalanche!!” … the 500k trophy definitely was around 550k to pop though.

After running it super hard the last few days. It took me a total of 52 hrs to 100% it (probably around 5 - 10 were idling, when I would take a break, and to be fair I found some cool peeps that allowed me to backpack off of them and they carried me through Nightmare. So if I had to build up my character legit… I could see it taking an additional 20 hours or so.

Edited by Leigrez

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 8:29 AM, Leigrez said:

Also another trophy that should have popped but hasn’t for me is the 100 shotgun kills. I have 272 with the full auto in horde (as per a costume unlock) so I don’t know why it hasn’t popped yet. Probably will next mission run. But still. Super annoying all around. 

**Edit #2** There’s definitely crashing during single player games… but I could get in anywhere from 6 - 8 rounds on Subway. Honestly, if youre having issues with the trophy, farm kills with guns you dont have the 10k with… I would change the guns as soon as I hit my 10k mark and I didnt have issues with “Avalanche!!” … the 500k trophy definitely was around 550k to pop though.

From what I know, you need to use the pump shotgun for the 100 shotgun kills.

For the 500k trophy, I just bought the Sawblades and then bought the Rocket Punch thing which gave me back the Harvest from buying the Sawblades. I just repeated that until I got the trophy.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:02 AM, Rover_Libra said:

From what I know, you need to use the pump shotgun for the 100 shotgun kills.

For the 500k trophy, I just bought the Sawblades and then bought the Rocket Punch thing which gave me back the Harvest from buying the Sawblades. I just repeated that until I got the trophy.

Yeah, it’s only the pump shotgun, which is stupid… but whatever, it is what it is.

As for the money… honestly going for those kills youre going to have around 1.5-2 mil after that grind… so I wouldn’t even bother selling and rebuying stuff to get that… it’s a waste of time.