Invasions Season 2: Brief Cautionary Synopsis

Colin_Raleigh

First up, Season 2 is considerably more difficult than the previous one. Even at Level 30, Survive challenges can still kill you. Learning to evade is a must. In some cases this mode involves destroying several items within 30 seconds. Earning koins is harder this time too, plus the items you can buy have gone up in price considerably. For example, 500 koin talismans are now 2500 and keys which cost 100 are now 1000. Guessing they're trying to make it realistic in terms of real life inflation, who knows? 🙄

If you got the War Horn talisman before Season 1's Titan battle vanished, it's still a part of your inventory if you didn't get rid of it. The Not Junk relic is regretfully gone, making leveling up characters and kameos a lot harder now. Getting to Invasions Level 30 can actually be done rather quickly, I did that by buying the item that gives you 100XP at the Wu Shi Academy multiple times at 4000 koins each. Getting to Level 30 before you face Nitara at the end of Season 2 is definitely recommended because she herself is Level 30 as well and a hell of a lot tougher than Season 1 Scorpion was.

In beating Nitara, I equipped the blue potion for double defense (regretfully no pink potions that double all stats showed up during the entire run). It's a very long and drawn out 3 part fight. Several moments into Part 2, I unleashed the War Horn talisman which made short work of her for the rest of the 3 part fight.

I haven't tried this yet but I found the Windbreaker talisman in Sun Do's second treasure chest that's blocked by an obstruction. To get to it, have Darrius as your kameo fighter and do his fatality. Windbreaker is only a Level 9 talisman with 5 slots this time around, as a result of this I'm not sure how effective it'll be or if it self-refills one slot after each fight. But hopefully it's still as formidable as it used to be. Unfortunately it's a Legendary talisman now so it can't be upgraded.

All in all, Season 2 has one hell of a difficulty spike. It can be done but it's really going to take some serious getting used to. To those of you trying to complete Invasions for the first time, you're in for quite a fight. On the plus side however, getting 5,000,000 points or more on a Gateway tower is much easier now. I scored over 40 million on one of them. Anyway, that's Season 2 for you. Considerably harder but by no means impossible. 

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
Corrected info on Windbreaker talisman.
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...