Be careful when matchmaking as it can break scaling in your game.

Vault-TecPhantom

I’m surprised nobody has come across this?

I joined a random Kelvin incident match just to get a feel for what it is. Admittedly, I didn’t use a guide so didn’t really know what it entailed and wasn't aware of the super high level requirements. Anyway, I was thrown into a room with level 64 enemies when I was only level 40 with level 40 gear... I left quickly, knowing I didn’t stand a chance, but when I went back into my base game (main campaign) all enemies were level 64, essentially breaking the scaling of my game.

Turns out that I had unwittingly acquired a level 64 blueprint in the ranged category from that match and, even though I hadn’t crafted it, just owning the blueprint made the game think I was level 64. I had to go back and join another Kelvin incident match to quickly get more level-appropriate gear for the melee and suit categories (before hopping out). So my main character (Robin/Tim) is equally matched for the newly scaled enemies in the base campaign (although I now need to rework my build).

Thankfully, my other 3 characters don’t have high level blueprints so scaling for them is fine.

On the plus side, this made me overlevelled for Mr Freeze and Harley Quinn showdowns. 😁

EDIT: Moral of the story is, do your research and don't unwittingly skip to higher level content before you're ready!

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
  • Like 1