VR Mode Faster/Slower?

thefourfoldroot

Just got the game for VR mode and doing my first run, and am wondering if the standard run time is faster or slower In VR. Never played it flat, but I hear that you can’t move and shoot at the same time so that makes me feel like the VR mode would have the advantage perhaps, along with aiming being faster generally, but perhaps there are disadvantages (not sure whether they may have slowed movement for Leon generally in VR as a comfort setting thing, for example).

Will be doing some timed runs soon.

Anyone who’s now finished the game in both modes have any thoughts?

Edited by thefourfoldroot

• 5 weeks later...

Depends on how VR makes you feel when playing. For me the first few plays I had to go really slow otherwise the motion sickness really kicked in. Especially with the Del Lago fight, it's not a hard fight at all but in VR the harpoon throwing is difficult when you're being pulled all over the place. If you do it first time you'll be okay but the motion sickness sets in super quick, so if you die you may find yourself taking a 10 minute break while the sickness wears off.

Then you have the fear factor. I don't care how many times I kill the regeneradors, spider plagas or the dogs, those things are scary as hell in VR. So naturally those sections of the game tend to slow me down. Although having a rocket launcher on standby does help settle the nerves.

I'm going to attempt the 8 hour speedrun next in VR along with handgun and knives only but personally I think this will be a breeze, sticking to the OG handgun fully upgraded for the crit damage boost. All in all I think VR is the more difficult of the 2 modes.

It's only in the original Resident Evil 4 that you could not move and shoot at the same time. In the modern game you can.

For the Del Lago fight you can change the camera if the first person camera makes you sick (I did it because, oh boy, with the 1st person camera it's really tough)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 9:47 AM, DoritoDave54 said:

Depends on how VR makes you feel when playing. For me the first few plays I had to go really slow otherwise the motion sickness really kicked in. Especially with the Del Lago fight, it's not a hard fight at all but in VR the harpoon throwing is difficult when you're being pulled all over the place. If you do it first time you'll be okay but the motion sickness sets in super quick, so if you die you may find yourself taking a 10 minute break while the sickness wears off.

Then you have the fear factor. I don't care how many times I kill the regeneradors, spider plagas or the dogs, those things are scary as hell in VR. So naturally those sections of the game tend to slow me down. Although having a rocket launcher on standby does help settle the nerves.

I'm going to attempt the 8 hour speedrun next in VR along with handgun and knives only but personally I think this will be a breeze, sticking to the OG handgun fully upgraded for the crit damage boost. All in all I think VR is the more difficult of the 2 modes.

I have no problem with motion sickness or fear in this game, but have taken a break due to a load of other games I’m playing. The second half just seemed a lot less fun even on my first playthrough, and especially silly on the second ( especially going through with a guide to not miss any treasure…)

Edited by thefourfoldroot