No combined Game/DLC Trophy Guides make guides unbearable

ChaoticDoomOfBob

For those that are unaware, I am the Guide Writer for "The Complete Warframe Trophy Guide PS4". If you also haven't noticed the guide is actually a "Gameplay Guide" instead of an actual trophy guide. Why is this? PSNProfiles does not allow Base Game Trophies and DLC trophies to be included together in an actual Trophy Guide. The more time passes on and the more games continue to evolve into constantly changing live service experiences the more archaic this is becoming and Warframe is the biggest example of this. Players Cannot earn trophies in order by DLC release on Warframe. In fact, almost all of the trophies are unlocked out of order across all 33 trophy lists. Every time the game gets a massive overhaul, the order of which trophies unlock and when they are available to unlock changes. What is the point of having a guide exclusively for Update 21 when you can only earn 1 trophy in the list and then the next trophy unlocks in Update 24. When I worked on the guide years ago, I was told "just link the DLC guides so people switch between them". Why should a player have to be redirected between 33 different guides back and forth to receive the information needed to find out which trophies are earnable and when? When would that ever be considered an acceptable way to read something? Warframe just received its 35th expansion and with it my guide is now obsolete and I am now in the process of rewriting it. Now, many of the trophies are earned in a completely different order then they were before. I might be able to get away with completely rewriting the "Gameplay Guide" but none of the trophy guide systems are in place for me to use. Everything has to have new screenshots of Fake trophy icons and links because I can't use actual icons and links from the site. All of the quality of life features are exclusive to "trophy guides". It isn't like this is a one time only circumstance. This is occurring more and more as live service games continue to change. 

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob
  • Like 1