Stuck in hard mode, Chapter 8. Any tips ?

SenkiDala

Hello everyone. 

I've been postponing this since the release of FFVII Remake, then Intergrade but Rebirth is coming soon so I "need" to do this. Btw FFVII on the PlayStation is my favorite game of all time, by far, and I LOVED that remake so not doing this would annoy me. :( 

I've been shitting bricks since I launched the hard mode. I've even had trouble beating Rude, and now I'm at the Hell House and it's not doable with the characters I have, I'm KO within 20 seconds. My characters are at level 50 but I fucked up on Materias, I watched a few different strategies video on YT and all the Materias they ask me to have maxed I didn't, except the Fire, Ice, etc ones... Things like Magic Up or MP Up, or ATB Boost, etc. 

So I tried to go just before the town to do some fights to earn some APs but 1 battle gives me 9AP... At this rate I need like 10/15 hours of grind and I hate grinding, or at least not that much.

I'm not a very good gamer, but I don't think I'm bad either, I plated Demon's Souls (PS3), Dark Souls 1 and 3, Bloodborne and DLC, Elden Ring, I didn't "cheese" those games (I think it's how it's said, not sure, English isn't my mother language). 

But f**** to me FFVII Remake in hard is another level of pain in the ass...

Any tips ? Advices ? How can I level up my materias without restarting the game from the beginning ? 

PS : that shit also with books to find or the dresses... that's also really boring. Honestly even though I'm registered here I'm not a "trophies whore", I'm playing through this hard mode because all I want to unlock is the content, and some content is locked in the hard mode (which is also a shitty idea). 

• Like 1

Don't you know chapter select?

You need to be prepared for Hard mode, because it's hard... level your materia and your characters, either the training center, or you can repeat chapter 16 (normal or hard depending on what you can do quick, you don't have to finish the chapter, just go as far as you can)

If you go for chapter 16, they are almost all weak to fire

When you are powerful enough chapter select again and go get that Hell House (it's one of toughest bosses)

Edited by oYazmat

12 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Don't you know chapter select?

You need to be prepared for Hard mode, because it's hard... level your materia and your characters, either the training center, or you can repeat chapter 16 (normal or hard depending on what you can do quick, you don't have to finish the chapter, just go as far as you can)

If you go for chapter 16, they are almost all weak to fire

When you are powerful enough chapter select again and go get that Hell House (it's one of toughest bosses)

I can chapter select in hard mode ? No I didn't know that, I don't use faqs (yeah I know "so wtf are you doing here ?!"), I use faqs when I'm REALLY stuck, like now. 

So what you're saying is I can leave the chapter 8 hard mode / go to any other chapter with my current characters, upgrade the materias, and then go back to chapter 8 while keeping my characters and stats ? If that's what you're saying : no I didn't know this at all. :( Thanks !

15 minutes ago, SenkiDala said:

I can chapter select in hard mode ? No I didn't know that, I don't use faqs (yeah I know "so wtf are you doing here ?!"), I use faqs when I'm REALLY stuck, like now. 

So what you're saying is I can leave the chapter 8 hard mode / go to any other chapter with my current characters, upgrade the materias, and then go back to chapter 8 while keeping my characters and stats ? If that's what you're saying : no I didn't know this at all. :( Thanks !

Yup, that's exactly what I am saying. You don't have to do them in order, but you can try (I personally grinded first then did them in order)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Yup, that's exactly what I am saying. You don't have to do them in order, but you can try (I personally grinded first then did them in order)

Ahhh damn I'm dumb I didn't even know I can do this... Thank you it'll help me a lot ! :D 

• Like 1

OK so since it is weekend I finally had the time to upgrade my materias (took like 3 hours at chapter 16 on easy) and then I just destroyed the Hell House in hard without any additional help or guide needed on that first try...

Why I didn't even think about chapter select... I didn't know it exists, I mean for the 3 sets of dresses I had planned to replay the whole games 3 more times but I just need to do chapter 3 and 8 (or 9 I don't remember), it will be so much easier. 

Edited by SenkiDala
  • Like 2

Chapter 17 is one of the the harder chapters (if not the hardest) to do on Hard Mode due to a lot of back-to-back boss fights. Be prepared and know how to deal with each boss prior as it will be headache otherwise. The game does a good job with giving you some reprieve, but a few of those fights are no joke on Hard mode.

• Like 1

I have already 100% completed four versions of Final Fantasy VII Remake. My strategy before tackling hard mode is to ensure that I grind them all to Level 50 and maximize all materia needed to defeat the THREE-PERSON TEAM VS TOP SECRETS at Chapter 17 Shinra Combat Simulator. This ensures that you can obtain the item called Götterdämmerung. This item makes the Hard mode run feel like a breeze.

Additionally, if you manage to finish the intermission DLC and defeat Weiss, you can equip three Götterdämmerung. Defeating Weiss rewards you with two Götterdämmerung, and having three of them in a Hard mode playthrough is super easy.