Inferno stage 4-4 Video Guide

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH WHAT MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE TO BE THE HARDEST STAGE IN THE GAME OR ANY OTHER STAGE THAT FEATURES ONLY KNIGHTS THEIR IS A STRATEGY THAT WILL TAKE 5-15 MINUTES INSTEAD OF 2+ HOURS. INSTEAD OF RELYING ON THE ABYSMAL PARRY MECHANIC USE THE STRATEGY IN THIS VIDEO INSTEAD

Edited by DaivRules
Embedded video
  • Like 2

THE COMMAND SHOULD BE HOLDING CIRCLE FOLLOWED UP BY R1 TAPPED TWICE THEN RELEASE ONCE THAT MOVE IS FINISHED PUSH YOUR LEFT STICK TOWARDS THE ENEMIES AND SPAM R1 AND CIRCLE. I DON'T RECOMMEND USING THIS STRAT ON ANY STAGE OTHER THEN ONES THAT HAVE ONLY KNIGHTS SUCH AS 4-4 INFERNO. THE ONLY REASON IT WORKS ON THE KNIGHTS IS BECAUSE THEY GROUP UP VERY EASILY AND YOUR SWORD SHEATH ATTACK IS AMPLIFIED ON INFERNO BECAUSE BLEEDING ENEMIES TAKE MORE DAMAGE AND THE MOVE INSTANTLY BLEEDS THEM LETTING YOU FINISH THEM OFF FROM A FAR WITHOUT ENGAGING IN COMBAT WITH THEM

• Like 2

I thought the parry tactic was the best way to beat 4-4 honestly, but this video definitely gives me pause. 😂 If you practice it against Suzuka in 3-5 and get the hang of how parry works, you can easily watch a video for the timing of the parry in 4-4 and get it done with little issues, imo.

For those struggling with parries, my advice is to not base it off of sight, but by sound. There are ton of verbal cues by all enemies and if you press circle right when you hear it, you'll nail the parry every time as long as they are within range to parry. Doing this makes 3-5 and the final two bosses ridiculously easy as they telegraph all their attacks by sound and really makes you unkillable if you listen carefully. You don't need to parry every attack either, just the slowest ones. Some moves are definitely easier to parry than others.

With that being said, this video is definitely a creative way of beating it, and worth a shot.

I would be interested to know how consistent this method actually is. If this works 80-100% of the time, it's probably easier to execute than parries for most people. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I thought the parry tactic was the best way to beat 4-4 honestly, but this video definitely gives me pause. 😂 If you practice it against Suzuka in 3-5 and get the hang of how parry works, you can easily watch a video for the timing of the parry in 4-4 and get it done with little issues, imo.

For those struggling with parries, my advice is to not base it off of sight, but by sound. There are ton of verbal cues by all enemies and if you press circle right when you hear it, you'll nail the parry every time as long as they are within range to parry. Doing this makes 3-5 and the final two bosses ridiculously easy as they telegraph all their attacks by sound and really makes you unkillable if you listen carefully. You don't need to parry every attack either, just the slowest ones. Some moves are definitely easier to parry than others.

With that being said, this video is definitely a creative way of beating it, and worth a shot.

I would be interested to know how consistent this method actually is. If this works 80-100% of the time, it's probably easier to execute than parries for most people. 

WHAT HAPPENED TO ME IS THAT I SPENT ABOUT 30 MINUTES ON 4-4 TRYING TO PARRY AND I KNEW I WASN'T MAKING ANY PROGRESS SO I FOUND THIS METHOD AND BEAT IT ON MY SECOND TRY IN 5 MINUTES SO I WOULD DEFINITELY SAY THIS IS 100% THE BETTER OPTION FOR 4-4

21 minutes ago, DYLANSCROLLS said:

WHAT HAPPENED TO ME IS THAT I SPENT ABOUT 30 MINUTES ON 4-4 TRYING TO PARRY AND I KNEW I WASN'T MAKING ANY PROGRESS SO I FOUND THIS METHOD AND BEAT IT ON MY SECOND TRY IN 5 MINUTES SO I WOULD DEFINITELY SAY THIS IS 100% THE BETTER OPTION FOR 4-4

That's cool and I'm glad it worked out for you, but you really don't need to put everything in caps. It makes it seem like you're screaming it at us. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I did it this way because I found parrying the knights too inconsistent on the PS5 (someone said it's easier on the PS4 for some reason). It is a reliable method if you suck at flourishes. It bypasses the knight's annoying tactic of block-interrupting multi-hit attacks. If you fully upgraded all your damage skills, you put them in bleed status with that one slash (because Inferno mode enemies actually have only around normal mode HP). Just got to make sure they're clustered enough so you hit them all at once.

You still need flourish against Suzuka though. I guess it might be possible to win that battle without parrying but it would take much longer. Fortunately, her charging-up move gives you plenty of time to prepare. Her final demon form I can beat without parrying at all even in Inferno mode.

8 hours ago, RotatingCube said:

I did it this way because I found parrying the knights too inconsistent on the PS5 (someone said it's easier on the PS4 for some reason). It is a reliable method if you suck at flourishes. It bypasses the knight's annoying tactic of block-interrupting multi-hit attacks. If you fully upgraded all your damage skills, you put them in bleed status with that one slash (because Inferno mode enemies actually have only around normal mode HP). Just got to make sure they're clustered enough so you hit them all at once.

You still need flourish against Suzuka though. I guess it might be possible to win that battle without parrying but it would take much longer. Fortunately, her charging-up move gives you plenty of time to prepare. Her final demon form I can beat without parrying at all even in Inferno mode.

The final battle is actually a joke with parrying. She does a large spin attack at the end of a combo (her most common attack where she comes up to you and attacks) and you just have to parry that roughly 4 times in a row and you win. You back up when she approaches and walk up to her as she charges her backspin and hit circle. Definitely would recommend this over actually fighting her on any difficulty.

I have heard the PS5 being harder to parry. I did it on PS4 and practiced it with 3-5 on Very Hard and was able to just watch videos of flourishes for gold knights and picked up the timing almost instantly. 

Good to know that this is consistent. I initially tried R1+Triangle my way through the knights by jumping on them as they charged  but did not find this consistent on inferno mode (worked on Very Hard). Went to flourishes and found it pretty easy to do.